Gluten Free Apple Cider Donut Holes
Who doesn’t love a good munchkin? These Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts are grain-free, dairy-free, and free of refined sugar! The batter is made in one bowl and easily baked up in the oven for the perfect fall treat.
Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts
‘Tis the season for Apple Cider Donuts! For many it’s a fall right of passage to go apple picking, and what is apple picking without those amazing apple cider donuts? Well, obviously most farms are not frying up gluten-free versions, so we knew this is just the time to whip up a batch of these gluten free Apple Cider Donut Holes! They are SO EASY to make, simply whisk together in one bowl, and then bake up in the oven. You can make them in a mini donut hole pan like we did, or in a regular donut pan. Once they’ve come out of the oven they get a quick dip in butter or coconut oil and a mixture of coconut sugar and cinnamon. They’re free from refined sugars, dairy-free and SO GOOD.
Gluten Free Apple Cider Donut Ingredients
- Fresh apple cider
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Sugar
Can These be Made into Regular Baked Donuts?
Yes! This recipe makes 20 donut holes or it can be baked in a regular donut pan to make 6 donuts.
Don’t Have a Donut Pan?
Make these in a mini muffin pan and turn them into apple cider mini muffins. Line the muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners, and once cooked you can coat the top in the butter and sugar mixture.
Other apple recipes we’re loving right now:
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Honey Cake
- Gluten Free Apple Galette
If you like this fall inspired recipe, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Butternut Squash Curry Soup
- Turkey Kale Soup
- Deconstructed Chicken Pot Pie (Gluten Free)
Paleo Apple Cider Donut Holes
These Gluten Free Apple Cider Donuts are grain-free, dairy-free, and free of refined sugar! The batter is made in one bowl and easily baked up in the oven for the perfect fall treat. They can be made as donut holes or as regular donuts.
- 1/3 cup fresh apple cider
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoon (14g) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
For Sugar Coating
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a donut hole pan (or donut pan).
- Make the donut batter: Add cider, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla to a medium bowl and whisk together to combine. To the bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Whisk until the batter is fully combine with no lumps.
- Drop a tablespoon of batter into each hole (or if using a donut pan divide the batter to make 6 donuts).
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove the donuts from the pan and let them cool for 10 minutes on a baking rack.
- Meanwhile place melted butter (or coconut oil) in a shallow bowl. Place coconut sugar and cinnamon in another shallow bowl and mix well.
- Dip donut holes into butter followed by dipping them into the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve immediately or keep covered for up to 1 day at room temperature.
- Alternatively, you can bake these in a mini muffin pan and turn them into apple cider mini muffins. Line the muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners, and once cooked you can coat the top in the butter / sugar mixture.
September 30, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!