This Cauliflower Hummus recipe is so simple to put together and is a great vegan and legume-free alternative to traditional hummus. It’s Whole30, Keto and Paleo friendly and truly you wouldn’t notice it wasn’t traditional hummus.
Cauliflower really is a magical vegetable that can be turned into anything! Previously we’ve made noodle-free tuna casserole, hash browns, cauliflower parmesan, and pizza bites with cauliflower and now we’ve turned a classic dip into a legume-free version! This Cauliflower Hummus is so close in flavor to the real thing that most people eating it wouldn’t know it wasn’t traditional hummus. This is a great dip for people who can’t tolerate beans, those eating a paleo diet or a low carb diet. But also it’s just a really great dip: no special diet or lifestyle needed to love this one.
And the best part about it all is that it’s so easy to make. Simply roast some cauliflower and garlic (of course!) and whirl it up in a food processor or blender with some traditional flavorings and it’s done!
What do you serve cauliflower hummus with?
This is a great dip to serve alongside a spread of crackers, vegetables or pita or a gluten-free equivalent. This would also be lovely served along a dinner like grilled chicken and vegetables.
How long can you store cauliflower hummus?
It can be kept in a refrigerator for about 3 days. It can easily be made ahead of time if serving at an event!
Tools we used in this recipe:
- Sheet pan
- Food Processor
- Essentials: knife and spatula
If you like this dip recipe, check out these others:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Baked Hummus Dip
- Southwestern Hummus Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 7 Layer Taco Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a sheet pan toss together cauliflower, whole garlic cloves and avocado oil. Roast until tender, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Remove roasted garlic from the skin and add to a food processor. Add cauliflower and all of the remaining ingredients and process until the hummus comes together.
- If desired top with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley. Serve warm, or chill and serve cold with crackers and vegetable crudite.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!