When strawberries are on sale, I stock up and make a batch of my Chunky Strawberry Chia Seed Jam. What does this go perfectly with? Oh well… just about everything! On top of your morning oatmeal, spread on some toast, or mixed with almond butter to make a nut butter and jelly dip (oh yeah, that’s happening)… endless possibilities!
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Want other homemade jam recipes? Try these:
Can you make jam without pectin?
Absolutely! The chia seeds thicken this jam wonderfully!
How long can you keep Chia jam?
I store mine in a mason jar for up to 10 days in the refrigerator!
What should I do with jam?
- Chocolate Dessert Cups
- On top of Chia Pudding
- Fill cupcakes
- Gift jars
- PB & J
- On Toast
- On Pancakes
- 5 cups organic strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and cut
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Rinse strawberries well and cut into pieces
- In a bowl, pour honey over strawberries
- Mix together and let sit for 20 minutes
- Transfer mixture to a pot
- Add lemon juice, and lightly smash strawberries with a potato masher
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer
- Once simmering for 5 minutes, add chia seeds
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking
- Once thick, remove from heat, let cool and store in air-tight containers for up to one week.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!