This Strawberry Chia Seed Jam is the perfect jam made with no pectin! It’s healthy, easy to prepare, kid-friendly, and so delicious. It’s also vegan and paleo friendly!
Strawberry Chia Jam
This healthy Strawberry Chia Jam is made quickly with only 4 ingredients on the stove. No special ingredients or steps are needed to thicken this healthy jam because chia seeds are added in! Chia seeds absorb liquid to help create the right consistency to make this jam thicken up, plus they’re a nutrient powerhouse! Chia seeds are rich and fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids and are readily available in all grocery stores. Now you can make a delicious strawberry jam super quick anytime, perfect for your morning toast, over oatmeal or in your next PB & J sandwich!
Ingredients Needed for this Healthy Jam
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- Chia Seeds
Are Chia Seeds Paleo?
Yes! Chia seeds are a Paleo-friendly and nutrient-dense. They’re easy to digest and can even aid in digestion by helping this move along! They are also contain omega-3’s which means they’re not only good for your body but also good for your brain!
Can you make jam without pectin?
Absolutely! The chia seeds thicken this jam wonderfully by absorbing a lot of the liquid of the strawberries without having to cook the mixture for hours. As the directions state, we recommend cooking it a bit to get the correct desired consistency, and then after cooking the chia seeds will continue to absorb liquid to thicken up the jam.
What should I do with this healthy jam?
- In Strawberry Cups
- On top of Chia Pudding
- Fill cupcakes
- Gift jars
- PB & J
- On Toast
- On Pancakes
How long will this Strawberry Chia Jam last?
Store in a mason jar for up to 10 days in the refrigerator!
If you like this strawberry recipe, check out these others:
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake (with dairy free whipped cream)
- Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken
- Strawberry and Cream Overnight Oats (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
Watch the video here:
- 5 cups organic strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and cut
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a pot add strawberries, sweetener and lemon juice. Let sit for a 5 minutes to macerate.
- Turn on heat to medium and let the mixture come to a simmer, gently mash down the berries. Let cook on a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add chia seeds, stir and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking.
- Once thick, remove from heat, let cool and store in air-tight containers for up to one week.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!