Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
This easy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie is the perfect creamy and flavorful on-the-go breakfast to add to your morning routine! It uses antioxidant-rich frozen cherries and cocoa powder to get a chocolate covered cherry flavor! It’s is dairy-free, packed with healthy fats and so delicious.
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
A smoothie is the ultimate quick breakfast or snack in every season. This Chocolate Cherry Smoothie tastes so good AND it’s healthy! Packed with antioxidant rich cherries and healthy fats thanks to the added coconut oil, this smoothie will satisfy you well until your next meal.
What’s in it?
- Frozen Cherries
- Cocoa or Cacoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Milk
- Collagen Peptides or Protein Powder
We almost always get asked what can be substituted for the banana for smoothies. The banana makes the smoothie thick and creamy and adds sweetness. If you want to replace the banana, you could swap it with some frozen cauliflower. The cauliflower will give it the right texture while adding in some extra nutrition! However you might want to add a tablespoon of maple syrup to account for the loss of sweetness from the banana.
Tips for Making Smoothies
- You can make your own smoothie packs to make smoothie making a breeze! See this post for more information on how to do that.
- Use frozen fruit! Both the cherries and the banana should be frozen here to get the right texture on the smoothie.
- If your smoothie is too thick you can add in a 1/4 cup of almond milk or water at a time to get it creamy. If it’s too thin, add in some more frozen fruit or ice.
If you like this smoothie recipe, check out these others:
- High Fiber Smoothie Freezer Pack
- Coffee Banana Smoothie
- Green Summer Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie Freezer Pack
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
This easy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Recipe is the perfect creamy and flavorful smoothie to add to your morning routine! It uses antioxidant rich frozen cherries and cocoa powder to get a chocolate covered cherry flavor! It's is dairy-free, packed with healthy fats so delicious.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop collagen peptides or protein powder
NutritionLoading nutrition data...
September 9, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!