This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Summer Green Smoothie is easy, refreshing, and packed with good-for-you ingredients! This tropical green smoothie recipe is the best way to start your day!
Best Green Smoothie Recipe
This Green Smoothie Recipe is one of my favorite ways to kickstart the day. It’s creamy and packed with flavor, but also loaded with nutrients and hydrating coconut water.
This easy recipe is as simple as throwing everything into a blender and blending it up. Breakfast is served and you can fuel your day with fruits, veggies, and a delicious treat! Our Budget Friendly 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs are such a hit, and this one is a hit, too!
- Coconut Water: coconut water adds a subtle coconut flavor and is super hydrating.
- Greens: I use a combination of spinach and kale.
- Avocado: provides healthy fats and creates an extra creamy texture.
- Frozen Pineapple: gives the green smoothie a bit of a tropical twist.
- Banana: adds natural sweetness and helps create an even creamier texture.
- Optional Boosters: I sometimes like to add chia seeds and collagen protein to kick the nutrition up a notch.
How to Make a Green Smoothie
- Combine: Add all of the smoothie ingredients into the blender.
- Blend: Blend until smooth, then serve immediately.
What is the Best Green to Add to Smoothies?
I like to use a combination of spinach and kale, but you can really use whatever greens you have on hand!
Other great options would be Swiss chard, romaine lettuce, or collard greens.
Is Drinking Green Smoothies Daily Good for You?
Totally! As they say, “a green smoothie a day keeps the doctor away.” Right? 😉
But seriously. This green detox smoothie is packed full of vitamins and nutrients that are great to incorporate into your every day routine.
Tips and Notes
- Use a high speed blender. A high speed blender is the key to a smooth, creamy smoothie.
- Use frozen fruit. You will definitely need frozen pineapple, but you can also freeze the banana if you have time. The frozen fruit is what makes the smoothie nice and cold.
- Make sure the banana is ripe. A ripe banana has tons of natural sweetness.
- Don’t use ice. Some recipes call for you to add ice, but I don’t recommend it for this green smoothie recipe. It will just dilute the flavor!
- Use another liquid. Create a thicker, creamier smoothie by swapping the coconut water out for almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk.
- Add other fruits. Swap the pineapple out for another fruit like mango, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, etc. Make sure it’s frozen!
- Boost the nutrition. I’ve already listed the optional chia seeds or collagen protein, but feel free to add in other boosters if you wish. Try flax seeds, spirulina, maca powder, etc.
- Make it sweeter. This green smoothie recipe is naturally sweetened thanks to the pineapple and banana. However, if you prefer it a little bit sweeter, feel free to add a drizzle of honey or agave.
More Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Piña Colada Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Banana Coffee Smoothie
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
Watch The Video
Green Summer Smoothie
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 small banana
- Optional: 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Optional: 1 scoop collagen protein
- Combine all ingredients in your high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.