This Chocolate Decadence Pie is soon to be the hit of your holiday parties. It is rich and creamy, with a perfect crust, and is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free!
I am so beyond excited about this post. This dessert was the absolute hit of our Thanksgiving dessert table. Nobody could believe it was made with good-for-you ingredients and the crust… oh the deliciousness! This pie has all of the rich, creaminess, chocolatey goodness you want!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 1 9 oz. bag Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry crust ingredients with wet crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a round pie pan, greased.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- While baking whisk together chilled, hard part of the coconut milk, arrowroot, maple sugar sugar and sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and whisk for two minutes. When mixture comes to a boil, continue to whisk and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and pour in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and thick like pudding.
- Pour the pudding into the baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In your stand mixer, mix the coconut milk with vanilla bean on high until soft peaks begin.
- Add in powdered sugar and continue to mix until thick whipped cream forms.
- Sprinkle sea salt as garnish and serve with dairy-free whipped cream and fresh berries.
- *Can top with a piece of unbleached parchment paper while cooling in the refrigerator (this prevents the pudding from forming a skin)
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!