Chocolate Decadence Pie
This Chocolate Decadence Pie is soon to be the hit of your holiday parties. It is rich and creamy, with a perfect crust, and is gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free!
I am so beyond excited about this post. This dessert was the absolute hit of our Thanksgiving dessert table. Nobody could believe it was made with good-for-you ingredients and the crust… oh the deliciousness! This pie has all of the rich, creaminess, chocolatey goodness you want!
Chocolate Decadence Pie
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1 9 oz. bag Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh berries
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry crust ingredients with wet crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a round pie pan, greased.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- While baking whisk together the coconut cream, arrowroot, maple sugar sugar and sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and whisk for two minutes. When mixture comes to a boil, continue to whisk and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and pour in the chocolate and vanilla.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and thick like pudding.
- Pour the pudding into the baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In your stand mixer, mix the coconut milk with vanilla bean on high until soft peaks begin.
- Add in powdered sugar and continue to mix until thick whipped cream forms.
- Sprinkle sea salt as garnish and serve with dairy-free whipped cream and fresh berries.
- *Can top with a piece of unbleached parchment paper while cooling in the refrigerator (this prevents the pudding from forming a skin)
December 9, 2015
Join The Discussion
Want to know the secret to perfectly cut brownies or bars We’re showing you How to Make a Parchment Paper
Nothing says “summer” quite like going to the beach — whether you’re packing up the family for a week in
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!