This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Knowing How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream is essential for making delicious, dairy free whipped cream! This healthy alternative is more nutritious and tastes amazing! It’s made with three ingredients, and aside from chilling time, comes together within 5 minutes!
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
This dairy free Coconut Whipped Cream is a great recipe to have on hand for when you want an alternative to regular whipped cream that still tastes great! Even if you don’t need to be dairy-free, this coconut whipped cream is so good! It’s creamy with a hint of vanilla and perfect with so many different dishes. We’re dishing all the details on what you need to know on how to make!
Here is what you need to make it:
Tips for Making Coconut Whipped Cream
- Look for coconut cream instead of coconut milk. It will give you more of the solid part of the coconut milk the that you need to whip up. If you can’t find it, you can use regular coconut milk, but you may need about 2 cans to get enough of the solid part of the coconut milk.
- You absolutely must refrigerate your coconut cream. We recommend doing so for 24 hours. However, if you are in a pinch 8 hours will work.
- Use powdered sugar as a sweetener. It helps thicken the consistency of the coconut cream. If you were avoiding refined sugar you could use honey, but it will be a bit thinner.
- Add vanilla extract to give it an extra flavor boost!
- Serve immediately. You can make it up to 4 hours ahead of time, but it hardens back up in the refrigerator if stored for much longer.
- If it does stiffen up too much in the refrigerator, you can rewhip it again to get it to a consistency you desire.
Ways to Use It
Use coconut whipped cream in place of many of your favorite uses for regular whipped cream! Just know that it is very susceptible to warm temperatures so it will not hold up as long as traditional whipped cream does.
Coconut whipped cream is delicious with:
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake (with dairy free whipped cream)
- on this Gluten-Free 4th of July Cake (Nut-Free)
- on Paleo Cupcakes With Matcha Coconut Buttercream Frosting
- on these Chocolate Dessert Cups
- on top of this 4th of July Blueberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
- with these Berries and Cream Parfaits
- As a dip for fresh fruit
If you like this How To recipe, check out these others:
- How to Make Vegan Cheese Sauce
- How to Make Almond Milk
- Storing Fresh Herbs in the Refrigerator
- How to Make Cashew Cream
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1-15 ounce can coconut cream refrigerated at least 8 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic powdered sugar see note for other option
- Refrigerate the coconut cream for at least 8 hours, but preferably 24 hours.
- Scoop out the solid part of the coconut cream and add to the bowl of an electric mixer (or you can use a hand mixer). Leave behind any of the thin watery coconut milk, reserving for another use.
- Whip the cold coconut cream with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and whip for an additional minute.
- Use immediately or store for up to 4 hours.
- You can use honey to sweeten this, but the whipped coconut cream will have a looser texture to it and won't be as stable.
- If you anticipate using this recipe often, always leave a can of coconut cream in your refrigerator!