The Best Winter Fruit Salad
This Winter Fruit Salad uses commonly found winter fruit and it’s mixed together with a delicious greek yogurt and poppy seed dressing. Perfect for parties or for a delicious dessert!
Winter Fruit Salad
Think fruit salads are just for the summer like my Chia Honey Lime Fruit Salad? Well we’ve got the perfect Winter Fruit Salad to serve when the weather is frightful but you are still craving a big, refreshing bowl of fruit.
For this recipe, we paired together accessible Winter fruits with a delicious and tangy greek yogurt dressing with poppy seeds to make the most for the best cold weather sweet salad.
We included some of the most commonly available winter fruit. Feel free to substitute in what you have. We loved the addition of bananas here, but don’t use very ripe bananas or they can turn mushy quickly. Use bananas that have just turned yellow.
- Pomegranate Arils
What other fruit can be added?
Most fruit would work well in this salad! You can change it out for whatever is in season or what is available for you!
How to Make the Yogurt Dressing
The name of the game for this dressing is EASY! Just mix up all of the ingredients in a bowl and add to your cut up fruit.
Here are the ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt (feel free to use dairy or dairy-free)
- Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- Poppy Seeds
What Fruit Is Best In The Winter?
Make Your Fruit Salad Instantly Better
Fruit salads are great, but they’re even better when they’re elevated! Add a touch of sweetness, citrus, and flavor, like with this special (and easy) dressing!
If you like this fruit forward recipe, check out these others:
- Peach Fruit Leather
- Grilled Steak Salad with Pineapple and Avocado
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Spicy Shrimp and Citrus Salad
- Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken
- Easy Blueberry Jam with Chia Seeds
Watch The Video:
Winter Fruit Salad
Think fruit salads are just for the summer? Well we’ve got the perfect and best Winter Fruit Salad to serve when the weather is frightful but you are still craving a big, refreshing bowl of fruit.
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:00
- Total Time: 00:15
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 6 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 5 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils (seeds)
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Add apples, mandarins, bananas, kiwis and pomegranate arils to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the greek yogurt, poppy seeds, honey, and orange juice.
- Pour dressing over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Fruit salad will keep for about 24 hours.
Feel free to swap out dairy greek yogurt for non-dairy greek yogurt. Depending on the sugar content of the non-dairy greek yogurt you may have to adjust the amount of honey.
Keywords: Winter Fruit Salad
March 1, 2020
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!