These Saucy Chorizo Skillet Baked Eggs are a great addition to your next Sunday brunch! It’s low-carb, paleo and Whole 30 friendly, dairy-free and most definitely delicious.
Skillet Egg Bake with Chorizo and Beans
This savory egg bake recipe is delicious way to start off the day! It’s almost like a southwestern version of Shakshuka, flavored with paprika, cumin, and spicy chorizo. We opted to add black beans to this skillet egg bake to round out the lower carb and dairy-free dish, but you can feel free to omit for paleo or Whole30.
What ingredients you need for these easy baked eggs:
- chorizo sausage, casing removed (or fully cooked chorizo diced)
- canned diced tomato
- can black beans (optional, omit for Whole 30 or Paleo)
- baby spinach
What skillet should I use for this recipe?
Any oven safe skillet will work here. If you are using cast iron, make sure it is enameled as prolonged tomato exposure can ruin the seasoning on a regular cast iron skillet.
If you like this savory breakfast recipe, check out these others:
- Breakfast Fried Rice
- Everything Bagel Hummus Breakfast Toast
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast Bake (Eggs, Bacon, & Home Fries!)
- Fall Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add chorizo until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add oil and onion and and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add diced tomato, salt and pepper, cumin, paprika, and beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Remove from heat and using a spoon, make 4 indentations in the mixture for the eggs.
- Gently crack in eggs sprinkle with salt.
- Place skillet in oven and let bake for 15-18 minutes until eggs whites are cooked through.
- You can also use the fully cooked chorizo sausage here. Dice it up and cook it until it is fully heated through and then proceed to the next step.
- This recipe was updated on 4/24/19 to reflect a more streamlined process and it eliminated the addition of bacon in the original recipe.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!