This easy Shakshuka recipe is hearty, flavorful, and the perfect breakfast, brunch, or even DINNER. It’s paleo, whole30, gluten-free, and packed with flavor! It’s a one pan dish that requires minimal clean up!
Shakshuka is a Middle Eastern dish. I first discovered it on my trip to Israel years back. Now, they probably wouldn’t approve of my sausage addition, but I was served a version of Shakshuka last weekend at a brunch (at The Beehive in Boston), and it was served with Moroccan sausage. I loved it. So naturally, my version has sausage added to it.
It’s breakfast, but hearty and sophisticated making it a perfect dinner. I’m thinking it’s a must for weekend brunch, too.
It’s no secret I love me some breakfast! Breakfast for dinner? Even better. It’s also even better on a night you just don’t feel like cooking. Ever have those? I do about once a week. I made this on Monday night and it was requested Tuesday night again for dinner. Does that tell you something? A winner all the way!
If you like this savory breakfast recipe, try these favorites:
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: 2 gluten-free chicken sausages (I use spicy), sliced down the middle or cut into pieces
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, more as desired
- Optional: 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 4 fresh organic, pasture-raised eggs
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
What is your favorite way to eat eggs?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!