These Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies are the perfect gluten-free and paleo-friendly cookie that everyone will love! Soft, chewy, and bursting with chocolate and macadamia nuts! A household favorite!
Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
Nothing reminds me more of the holidays than a warm cookie oozing with chocolate chips and the just-the-right addition of macadamia nuts. I envision sitting by a fire with family and friends holding nice cup of coffee or a glass of almond milk and enjoying some delicious guilt-free cookies …or just standing In the kitchen shoveling them in as I taste-test the recipe, that works too.
I love the spirit of this season. It’s festive, full of time with family, holiday parties with friends, and a lot of reflecting and happiness for the upcoming year. These cookies are perfect for your upcoming family get together, holiday party, or for the chocolate lover in your life!
…And not that you need an excuse, but today is National Cookies Day, so get busy in the kitchen!
Try these other gluten-free cookie recipes:
- Linzer Torte Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten-Free Cut Out Cookies
Watch the video:
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, or grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup good quality cacoa powder
- big pinch fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, more if desired
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Coarse Flaky Sea Salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate over a double-boiler, or using preferred method. Once melted, whisk to combine and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, sea salt and whisk to combine, making sure to get out any clumps.
- Add in honey, egg and vanilla extract and whisk together. Then add in coconut oil/chocolate and fully combine.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, or spoon, portion a tablespoon sized dough and roll into a ball and place on baking sheet 1-1/2" apart. Flatten cookie down a bit, as these will not spread very much on their own.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (see note).
- Let cool on a rack slightly before serving.
- We like our cookies a bit underdone, so we like to bake them around 10 minutes, but cook further for crispier cookies.
- Sandwich two with dairy-free whipped cream for a real treat!
- Photos updated March, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!