These Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies are the perfect gluten-free and paleo-friendly cookie that everyone will love! Soft, chewy, and bursting with chocolate and macadamia nuts! A household favorite!
Nothing reminds me more of the holidays than a warm cookie oozing with chocolate chips and the just-the-right addition of macadamia nuts. I envision sitting by a fire with family and friends holding nice cup of coffee or a glass of almond milk and enjoying some delicious guilt-free cookies …or just standing In the kitchen shoveling them in as I taste-test the recipe, that works too.
I love the spirit of this season. It’s festive, full of time with family, holiday parties with friends, and a lot of reflecting and happiness for the upcoming year. These cookies are perfect for your upcoming family get together, holiday party, or for the chocolate lover in your life!
…And not that you need an excuse, but today is National Cookies Day, so get busy in the kitchen!
Other Must-Make Cookies:
Linzer Torte Thumbprint Cookies // Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies // Oatmeal Raisin Cookies // Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup good quality cacoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, or grass-fed butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in one mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop spoonful at a time onto baking sheet. After scooping the cookies onto the baking sheet, wet your hands and roll them until the cookies are smooth around the edges. Place on the baking sheet and press down to flatten a little.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cooling rack.
- Serve with a glass of almond milk or a fresh cup of coffee!
- Sandwich two with dairy-free whipped cream for a real treat!
- Photos updated March, 2017.
Loading nutrition data...
There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you! However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use in my own home! Thank you for supporting Lexi's Clean Kitchen when you shop! See my disclosure policy for more info!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!