Looking for the perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies? These are soft, chewy, chocolate-y, and simply delicious. They are easy to make and are sure to be a hit in your home! You won’t be able to tell that they are gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
A warm chocolate chip cookie dipped in milk (or in my house, almond milk) just feels like home. The smell of cookies baking in your house is heavenly! These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are a treat, and one that is nutrient-dense with almond flour as it’s base and SO SO delicious.
What’s in them?
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- fine sea salt
- grass-fed butter, at room temperature or coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- paleo chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt, optional
Want to make it extra special?
I like to sprinkle the cookies with a coarse flaky sea salt before baking, because sea salt and chocolate are the ultimate combo in cookies! And Mike LOVES these straight from the freezer! You can store them so you’ll always have a little treat on hand when you are having a craving!
If you like this cookie recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Cut Out Cookies
- Easy Maple Meringue Cookies (Paleo & Refined Sugar Free)
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake Cookies (With Maple Glaze)
- Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
Check out these recipes featuring chocolate chips:
- Paleo Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Macaroons [VIDEO]
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon grass-fed butter, at room temperature (sub coconut oil for fully dairy-free)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Optional: Sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Position oven rack to the middle of your oven and preheat oven to 350°F. The middle rack will ensure even baking.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl combine egg, honey, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (for soft, slightly undercooked cookies- my favorite!) or 12 minutes (for fully cooked cookies).
- Let cool and serve (perhaps with a glass of almond milk)!
- Using grass-fed butter is my preferred method for delicious copy-cat Tollhouse style cookies, but you can use coconut oil if you are dairy-free.
- Yields: 14 medium size cookies
- Images updated in March, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!