These Greek Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Bowls are the perfect light meal! Think of this bowl as a deconstructed dolma, but lighter and lower in carbohydrates. We’re using grape leaves as part of the pilaf, which brings a nice additional crunch to the cauliflower rice.
Greek Cauliflower Rice Pilaf Bowls
I am so excited to bring you this recipe today from my friend Lindsay’s new cookbook, Nourishing Superfood Bowls! Lindsay created an entire cookbook with recipes IN BOWLS. My all-time favorite!
The recipes in this book are gluten-free and allergy friendly, with vegan, vegetarian and paleo options. There are 75 mouthwatering recipes like Blueberry Coconut Rice Porridge Bowls, Kickin’ Orange Chicken and Broccoli Rice Bowls, Loaded Sweet Potato Nacho Salad Bowls and Baja Fish Taco Bowls!
Want other unique cauliflower recipes? Try these cauliflower recipes we love:
- Everything Bagel Topped Cauliflower Rolls
- Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Cauliflower Parmesan
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
How do you make cauliflower into rice?
Place cauliflower florets in your food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
- 1 small to medium head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup grape leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Small handful marinated green olives
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Feta cheese crumbles, optional
- Chopped dried fig or other dried fruit, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower head into four or five sections. Place one or two sections of the cauliflower, depending on size, into a food processor and pulse until cauliflower rice is formed, usually 3 or 4 pulses.
- Repeat for each section of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and pumpkin seeds, and toss to combine.
- Place the cauliflower rice mix on an oiled baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 10 minutes, tossing once during baking. Remove and let cool.
- While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the grape leaves. Rinse the grape leaves with water to remove the excess salt. Press the grape leaves with a paper towel to remove the excess water. Chop or shred grape leaves and set aside.
- Chop or dice the cherry tomatoes, cilantro and green olives. Place in a bowl with the cauliflower rice, and then add the grape leaves. Toss together, mixing well. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes.
- For a more authentic Mediterranean flavor, sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles and optional dried fig.
- Omit the feta topping for a vegan and Paleo friendly option
- Omit dried fruit for low carb option.
- Grape leaves are low calorie and packed with vitamin A. You can buy them canned or jarred at the grocery store, just be sure to rinse before using.
Grab your copy of Lindsay’s awesome cookbook here!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!