Cauliflower Baked Ziti
This Cauliflower Baked Ziti from the No Excuses Detox Cookbook is the perfect LOW-CARB vegetarian meal! I love the idea of using cauliflower as a lower carb and higher nutrient alternative! This dish is so creamy, dreamy, and a great gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free, and vegetarian meal the kiddos will LOVE!
I was super excited when my friend Megan from The Detoxinista’s newest book arrived! It’s filled with so many family friendly recipes that I cannot wait to make. I started with this Cauliflower Baked Ziti since we are in a grove with our Meatless Monday series! If you tolerate cheese, this recipe is for you!
Here are a few others that I have my eye on:
Butternut Mac n’ Cheese
Sweet Potato Queso
Loaded Nacho Dip
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Avocado Caesar Salad
Strawberries & Cream Freezer Pops
Frosty Chocolate Shakes
Carrot Cake CupcakesPrint
Cauliflower Baked Ziti
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets and chopped
- 2 cups pizza sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, combine the cauliflower and pizza sauce and stir well to coat. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat and, once at bubbling, lower the heat to a simmer. Cover the pot to let the cauliflower cook until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, grated Romano cheese, ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- After the cauliflower is tender, stir in the spinach and simmer to cook off any excess moisture in the pot, to ensure that the final result isn’t watery. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the egg and cheese mixture. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the eggs have set and the cheese is bubbly on top. Allow the dish to cool for 10 minutes, then serve warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- *If you want to add meat, sauté it separately, and then add it to the mixture before baking!
- *Make this a freezer-friendly meal: Follow steps 1-3, instead of baking it, pour the ingredients into an oven-safe dish. Cover well and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw in the fridge overnight and bake!
- *Adapted with permission from the No Excuses Detox Cookbook by Megan Gilmore
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 6.5g
- Sodium: 1010mg
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 22.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Cholesterol: 207mg
Grab your copy today!
March 20, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!