This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is the perfect creamy and flavorful on-the-go breakfast to add to your morning routine! It uses nutrient-dense ingredients and a little extra hidden veggie to make a healthy smoothie with all of that peanut butter and banana flavor! It’s is dairy-free, packed with healthy fats and so delicious.
PB and Banana Smoothie
A smoothie is the ultimate quick breakfast or snack in every season, and this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is one of our all-time favorites. There is more to our recipe than just peanut butter and banana though, because we wanted to make sure this smoothie was filling and nutritious. We snuck in a little healthy hidden veggie, along with some extra healthy fats to give you a boost of nutrition and fiber! Trust us, you are going to want to add this creamy smoothie to your morning routine! It’s dairy-free and doesn’t contain any added sugar at all!
Yes, our smoothie recipe contains more than just peanut butter and banana! Our recipe is not only creamy and delicious, but we wanted to make sure this smoothie was healthy and and filling, too!
- Frozen Banana
- Frozen Cauliflower (optional, but you won’t notice it’s there!)
- Peanut Butter (look for no-sugar added)
- Flax Seed
- Collagen Peptides (optional)
- Almond Milk
Cauliflower: You can leave this out all together if you don’t want to use it, or swap it in with more frozen banana.
Peanut Butter: Feel free to substitute this with any nut butter or seed butter you want.
Collagen: This is also optional! But collagen is an everyday part of my life, so I add it in whenever I make a smoothie.
Milk: You can use whatever milk works for you.
Is This Smoothie Sweet?
Not especially. Any sweetness in it comes from the bananas. So the riper they are, the sweeter your smoothie would be. We opted not to include any added sweetener, because we really wanted this to be more on the healthy side. All that being said, you can add in a tablespoon or two of maple syrup or honey to your smoothie if it isn’t quite sweet enough for you!
Do the Bananas Need to be Frozen?
As annoying as that is, we’re going with a yes for using frozen bananas. Frozen bananas add such a creamy element to this smoothie. Without it, the smoothie isn’t as thick and creamy.
You can freeze bananas whole (they last longer this way) or in slices. If slicing, you’ll likely want to use them up within a few days.
Making Smoothie Packs for Easy Morning Smoothies
Smoothie freezer packs are so popular, and for good reason: they make even quicker work of making morning smoothies. Instead of buying premade ones, you can turn this smoothie recipe into pre-made smoothie packs you can keep in your freezer ready to go anytime you want a Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie.
To make peanut butter and banana smoothie packs: Simply place all the ingredients, except the milk, inside of a plastic or a reusable bag and freeze until ready to use, up to one month.
When you are ready to use it, simply dump the ingredients from the bag, add in the milk and blend it.
Tips for Making Smoothies
- You can make your own smoothie packs to make smoothie making a breeze! See this post for more information on how to do that.
- Use frozen fruit! Both the cherries and the banana should be frozen here to get the right texture on the smoothie.
- If your smoothie is too thick you can add in a 1/4 cup of almond milk or water at a time to get it creamy. If it’s too thin, add in some more frozen fruit or ice.
Items we love for smoothie packs:
Watch the video here:
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out these:
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
- Coffee Banana Smoothie
- Cherry Lemonade Smoothie
- Superfood Summer Fruit Smoothie
Healthy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1-½ cups frozen banana slices
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower optional, can substitute for more banana
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 scoop collagen peptides optional
- 1 cup almond milk or more as needed
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
- Garnish with fresh sliced banana and peanut butter and enjoy!