Piña Colada Smoothie
This easy Healthy Piña Colada Smoothie is the perfect creamy and flavorful on-the-go breakfast to add to your morning routine! It uses frozen pineapple, coconut milk blended together to get a classic pina colada flavor! It’s is dairy-free, packed with healthy fats and so delicious.
Pina Colada Smoothie
What better way to start off the day than with a refreshing tropical (healthy) drink in your hand filled with food ready to help you conquer the morning! A smoothie is the ultimate quick breakfast or snack in every season, and this Pina Colada Smoothie is a winner. Made with just a few simple ingredients, it will keep you fueled throughout the day thanks to the healthy fats and fiber, and its fruit flavor will make you smile!
- Frozen Pineapple
- Unsweetened Coconut Milk (to keep this on the lighter side, use light coconut milk)
- Honey (optional)
- Ground Flaxseed or Chia Seed or Hemp Hearts (this added bit of fiber is a perfect addition to this smoothie)
- Coconut Oil (added fat helps keep you full, longer)
Tips for Making Smoothies
- You can make your own smoothie packs to make smoothie making a breeze! See this post for more information on how to do that.
- Use frozen fruit! This ensures the correct texture!
- If your smoothie is too thick you can add in a 1/4 cup of almond milk or water at a time to get it creamy. If it’s too thin, add in some more frozen fruit or ice.
If you like this smoothie recipe, check out these others:
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
- Coffee Banana Smoothie
- Green Summer Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie
Piña Colada Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut milk (lite)
- 1 teaspoon organic honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia seed or hemp hearts
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice and shredded coconut, if desired.
June 5, 2013
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!