This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These bright and cheerful Gluten Free Lemon Bars are the perfect summertime treat! They’re creamy and delicious, and best-of-all, so easy to make. Bring them along to your next pot luck or BBQ and everyone will be thanking you!
Gluten Free Lemon Bar Recipe
Lemon bars are one of my staple Summer desserts and I can’t wait for you to try this gluten-free version! The perfect balance of tart lemon, buttery crust, and just the right amount of sweetness. It took us a few tries to perfect this recipe, but man was it WORTH IT! These lemon bars are bursting with lemon goodness and the crust compliments the lemon curd so perfectly. No one will be able to tell these are grain and gluten-free! They will be the hit of your summer BBQs!
How do you make gluten free lemon bars?
There are three basic steps to making these easy lemon bars:
- Assemble the crust. It’s super easy and all mixed up in on bowl. Pat it into the pan and bake it.
- Next make the lemon curd. All the ingredients are mixed in a pot, heated until thick and then strained out. You’ll whisk in butter to make it smooth and creamy.
- Next you pour the lemon curd into the baked crust and back in the oven it goes for a bit longer!
Lastly, you let the whole thing cool before slicing and serving. Optionally you can dust with powdered sugar to make it just a bit more pretty! But that’s not essential as these are already sweet enough.
Other Lemon Curd Uses:
This lemon curd filing is amazing and you can use it for other recipes as well.
- It makes the perfect filling for cupcakes, like the ones in my cookbook!
- Use in a layer cake, like our classic birthday cake.
- Use in overnight oats or chia seed pudding.
- In an oatmeal bake.
- As a topping on ice cream!
Watch the video here:
If you like this summertime dessert, check out these others:
- Gluten-Free Cherry Pie Bars
- 4th of July Blueberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Gluten-Free Funfetti Blondies
- Strawberry Shortcake (Gluten Free & Paleo)
If you like lemon, check out these other lemon recipes:
- Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Compote Breakfast Parfaits
- Strawberry Lemonade with Mint
- Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf with Vanilla Lemon Glaze
Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- 2 cups 192g almond flour
- 2 tablespoon 16g tapioca flour
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter OR coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beet sugar OR maple sugar
- Zest from 4 lemons
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice from about 6 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees °F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Press evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, make lemon curd: Place whole eggs and yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice and sea salt in a medium pot.
- Over low heat, whisk the lemon curd until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and take off heat. This process should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the lemon curd into a medium mixing bowl. Add in the butter and stir well until melted.
- Pour lemon curd over the crust. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Set aside, let cool completely, cover, and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Top with powdered sugar, slice, and serve!