This Healthy Cole Slaw recipe is an easy no-fuss side dish to serve with dinner or lunch and is even better the next day so is perfect for meal prep. It’s low-carb, delicious and dairy-free, and paleo and keto-friendly.
Healthy Cole Slaw
Everybody should know an easy and classic recipe for Healthy Cole Slaw and this is ours. It’s fresh, crisp and flavorful and a great side for so many dishes, including this Carnitas recipe, this Fish and Chips recipe and of course Gluten-Free Fried Chicken. The best part about this Healthy Cole Slaw recipe is that it tastes even better the second day it is made after the vegetables have softened a bit and the flavors have melded together so this is the perfect make-ahead salad to serve throughout the week.
We prefer the taste of freshly sliced or shredded cabbage and carrots, but it’s absolutely okay to grab a mix at the store if you are pressed for time and looking to make this even easier! Sometimes it’s all about the shortcuts to get dinner on the table and we are all for that.
If you like this quick recipe, check out these others:
- Easy Pizza Scramble
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob with Southern Spicy Butter
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- ½ large head green or purple cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds) , sliced very thin, or grated (see note)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- ¼ onion sliced thinly, or grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, sliced
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Store for meal prep for up to 4 days.
- If you have a small head of cabbage, use the whole thing as you want a total of about 1-1/2 pounds of cabbage.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!