Pork Chop Holiday Dinner
Ready for the ultimate holiday dinner menu made in one hour? Perfectly cooked pork chops topped with Tart Cherry Compote, served with a Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Cherries, and Roasted Butternut Squash! It is the perfect festive holiday meal that will make you feel fancy in no time! Made in partnership with the Cherry Marketing Institute!
Your Holiday Dinner Menu Made In 1 Hour!
I love dinners that come together QUICK. Especially during the busy holiday season! I am so excited to partner with my friends at the Cherry Marketing Institute to bring you today’s recipe! Montmorency tart cherries can be enjoyed year-round, and you can find them dried, frozen and in canned forms, in addition to juice and concentrate. Montmorency tart cherries are grown on small U.S. family orchards, which I absolutely love.
Montmorency tart cherries are abundant in health-promoting properties, from soothing arthritis symptoms and easing muscle pain after a workout to enhancing sleep! They have been credited with an array of health advantages! I love adding dried tart cherries to salads and granola, using frozen to make a sweet and tart cherry compote to top my meat dishes, and adding a little concentrate to smoothies! Plus, they are holiday festive, too!
In this holiday meal:
- Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops
- Savory Tart Cherry Compote
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries
- Roasted Butternut Squash
PERFECTLY cooked pork chops, for the win! Love pork chops? Try this favorite, too!
What do you put on pork chops?
I love adding a sweet component on top of my pork chops! A jam or this compote are the best!
Your Holiday Dinner Menu (Made In 1 Hour)
Savory Tart Cherry Compote
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 2 cups frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons. orange zest (1/2 orange)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Tart Cherries
- 5 cups shaved brussel sprouts (12oz)
- 2 cups shaved kale
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup caramelized onion (or 1/2 an onion)
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
Savory Tart Cherry Compote:
1. Saute onion and 1 tbsp. butter on low heat for 20-30 minutes until caramelized, stirring often. Set ½ mixture aside for Warm Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad.
2. Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes until reduced and syrupy.
3. Salt and pepper to taste? (We used a miniscule amount of ¼ a teaspoon of salt and ½ tsp pepper).
Roasted Butternut Squash:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Peel and cut butternut squash into ½ inch dice.
3. Combine in a bowl with olive oil, cinnamon (if adding), salt and pepper.
4. Place on baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for 20 minutes, until tender. It will need to cook longer for a bigger dice!
Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dried Cherries:
1. Heat heavy skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and saute brussel sprouts and kale for 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer cooked greens to a bowl, and add in remaining ingredients and toss.
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Salt and Pepper pork generously, set aside.
3. Heat large skillet on high, add oil.
4. Once hot (use water test), add pork chops. Cook for 3 minutes until nicely browned.
5. Flip over and carefully pick up skillet and place in preheated 400 degree oven for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and quickly add butter, garlic and herbs. Carefully tilt the pan so the butter pools to one side and spoon butter, herbs and garlic over the cooked pork chops for about 1 minute..
STEPS TO COMPLETE MEAL IN 1 HOUR:
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. Begin caramelized onion for cherry compote (3 minutes).
3. Roast butternut squash (30 minutes).
4. Salt and Pepper Pork Chops, set aside (2 minutes).
5. Divide onions for salad (set half aside in large bowl).
6. Complete Cherry Compote, let cook (hands on time 5 minutes, total time 15 minutes)
7. Make Warm Brussels Sprout Salad (10 minutes)
8. Take out butternut squash.
9. Cook pork chops (14 minutes)
10. Assemble and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by the Cherry Marketing Institute. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love their cherries and think you’ll love them too! Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
December 11, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!