When entertaining rolls around, charcuterie boards that are festive for the holidays is my go-to entertaining spread! I’ve talked about building them before, but today, let’s talk about creating the ultimate festive charcuterie board with cheeses and fun additions! Plus, you’ll get my Bacon Onion Jam recipe! Meat and cheese boards are customizable, gorgeous, require no cooking, and are the perfect hearty appetizer spread! Made in partnership with my friends at Applegate!
How To Make a Charcuterie Board Festive For The Holidays (& Bacon Onion Jam Recipe)!
I am so excited to partner with Applegate today to bring you this festive holiday entertaining spread! I truly love Applegate because they offer a wide variety of high quality natural and organic products that I know I can trust. Their animals are raised humanely without antibiotics or hormones and are fed a vegetarian or 100% grass diet. Their meats are free of added chemical nitrites, nitrates or phosphates, and free of artificial ingredients or preservatives. I know I can find my trusty Applegate at a retailer nearby wherever I am during the holidays!
What is in a charcuterie board?
Charcuterie (shahr-cute-uh-ree) is a French word devoted to prepared meat products, such as bacon, ham, sausage, terrines, galantines, ballotines, pâtés, cured meats and confit. It is often served with various cheeses, crackers & bread, and other fun additions like jams, candied nuts, and more!
The Charcuterie Board Details:
Grab one or two platters. You may be surprised to find that you may already have things to use at home like wooden boards, wood cutting boards, slate or chalk board, or a marble slab!
2. Cheese (approximately 3 ounces per person)
Pick your variety of cheeses (3 or more, depending on how many people you are hosting) & add labels and separate knives for each cheese
3. Crackers & Breads
I always like an assortment that can work for anyone and everyone! Gluten-free, crackers, breadsticks, and so on!
Cured meats are always great to accompany your cheeses, and they are the heart of your charcuterie board.
Candied or regular nuts are a great accompaniment (or just to snack on)! Grab bowls to place around your board to place your nuts in, or scatter around!
6. Something Sweet
Some fresh or dried fruit is always wonderful, along with jams (a must!). Grab some small bowls to place around your board to place your sweet additions in.
7. Other (And Let’s Get Festive!)
I’ll place a few bowls throughout the spread and add olives, chocolate candies, marinated cherry peppers, etc. I’ll also garnish the board with festive holiday touches such as rosemary, pomegranate seeds, pears, and cranberries.
Watch the video:
- Bacon Jam (Recipe Below)
- Fig Jam
- Grainy Mustard
- Manchego Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese, Cheddar (Hard Cheese)
- Brie, Humboldt Fog, Forager d’Affinois (Soft Cheese)
- Bread Sticks
- Gluten-Free Crackers
- Other Crackers
- Applegate Salami
- Applegate Prosciutto
- Applegate Salami Trio
- Rosemary Sprigs
- Mini Marinated Peppers
- Marinated Artichokes
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Fresh Cranberries
- Candied Pecans
- 1 package Applegate Sunday Morning Bacon
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1.5 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, picked
- 1.5 teaspoon pepper
Bacon Jam Recipe
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook finely diced bacon until crispy.
- Drain bacon, leaving 1 tablespoon of fat in the pan. Add butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Slice onion thin and add to pan and cook on low heat for 40 minutes. Add bacon back into the pan.
- Deglaze pan with ¼ cup water: Deglaze the pan by adding in the water and scraping up the browned bits in the bottom of the skillet for about 30 seconds.
- Add balsamic vinegar, thyme leaves, and pepper and remove pan from heat.
- Serve warm on top of brie or in a dish on your board.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and reheat before serving. Yields about 1 cup of jam.
This post is sponsored by Applegate. Find out where to buy product and find other easy and delicious holiday recipes at www.applegate.com. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!