Spaghetti Squash Italian-Style Casserole [VIDEO]
This Spaghetti Squash Italian-Style Casserole is such a flavorful, simple, and healthy dinner casserole when you are craving comfort food! Craving Italian food? This spaghetti squash dinner filled with sautéed spinach and chicken is your answer.
How to Make A Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This is an amazing dinner, my friends. Everyone who has tried it absolutely loves it. A huge hit all around!
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Brush inside with oil.
- Place facedown on baking sheet and adding water to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until you can pierce with a fork.
- Simply scrape out “spaghetti” with a fork and Enjoy!
Gluten-free, Grain-free, dairy-free if you omit the cheese, and so filling! This dinner makes for the perfect meal-prep item as well. Make it at the beginning of the week and enjoy the leftovers for lunch or dinner all week long!
Other Spaghetti Squash Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Watch the video:
Italian-Style Spaghetti Squash Bake
*Photos updated April, 2017.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 Spaghetti squash, sliced in half and seeds scooped out
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, baked or boiled and shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce of choice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay spaghetti squash face down on baking sheet, and add 1/4 cup water. Bake for about 30 minutes until fork tender. Let cool.
- Once cool, scrape out spaghetti squash using a fork and place in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-heat, heat oil and sauté garlic. Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add spinach and garlic mixture, shredded chicken, tomato sauce, egg, cheese if using and spices to the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer entire mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and red pepper flakes
- Bake at 375 °F for 10 minutes. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has started to bubble and brown.
- Serve warm!
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 980mg
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 7.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 36g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
May 25, 2013
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!