This Spaghetti Squash Italian-Style Casserole is such a flavorful, simple, and healthy dinner casserole when you are craving comfort food! Craving Italian food? This spaghetti squash dinner filled with sautéed spinach and chicken is your answer.
How to Make A Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This is an amazing dinner, my friends. Everyone who has tried it absolutely loves it. A huge hit all around!
How to Roast Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds.
- Brush inside with oil.
- Place facedown on baking sheet and adding water to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until you can pierce with a fork.
- Simply scrape out “spaghetti” with a fork and Enjoy!
Gluten-free, Grain-free, dairy-free if you omit the cheese, and so filling! This dinner makes for the perfect meal-prep item as well. Make it at the beginning of the week and enjoy the leftovers for lunch or dinner all week long!
Other Spaghetti Squash Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Watch the video:
- 1 Spaghetti squash, sliced in half and seeds scooped out
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts, baked or boiled and shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce of choice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay spaghetti squash face down on baking sheet, and add 1/4 cup water. Bake for about 30 minutes until fork tender. Let cool.
- Once cool, scrape out spaghetti squash using a fork and place in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-heat, heat oil and sauté garlic. Add spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add spinach and garlic mixture, shredded chicken, tomato sauce, egg, cheese if using and spices to the bowl with the spaghetti squash. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer entire mixture to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan and red pepper flakes
- Bake at 375 °F for 10 minutes. Broil on high for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has started to bubble and brown.
- Serve warm!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!