Gluten-Free Matzo Lasagna
This Gluten-Free Matzo Lasagna is my family favorite Passover recipe! It’s a hit year after year, because it mimics real lasagna noodles so perfectly! Add in veggies of choice or leave as is, for the perfect Passover matzo lasagna!
Gluten-Free Matzo Lasagna
I am so excited to share this recipe which has become a holiday tradition in our home!
Ingredients we use in this recipe for Passover:
- Yahuda Gluten-Free Matzo (or Matzo of choice)
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce (bonus: there is no added sugar to this sauce!)
- Simply Organic Spices (Italian Seasoning, Garlic Granules, & Red Pepper Flakes)
- Fresh Organic Basil
- Organic Spinach & Mushrooms
- 8×8-Inch Square Baking Pan
How to make matzo lasagna
Question of the day: Do you write matzo, matzoh, matza? Seriously, there are so many spellings! I go with matzo!
Other Items I buy at Stop & Shop:
- Pukka Teas
- Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour & Arrowroot Flour
- Wholesome Sweeteners
- Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut (a must for my Passover Coconut Macaroons)
- Coombs Maple Syrup
- Nutiva Coconut Flour
- Wild Friends Nut Butter
- Organic Valley Ghee
- Maple Hill Creamery Grass-Fed Greek Yogurt
- Healthade Kombucha
- Tuttorosso Canned Tomatoes
- Mary’s Gluten-Free Crackers (great to serve with your Passover appetizers)
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Products
- Kerrygold Cheeses
- Nature’s Promise Organic Almond Butter
- Nature’s Promise Organic Applesauce
- …AND MORE! So many fabulous items!
You are going to love this matzo lasagna recipe!
Want other Passover favorites? Try these:
- Nanny’s Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Matzo Lasagna
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Coconut Macaroons
- Make the Homemade Horseradish or Nanny’s Potted Chicken, both are in my cookbook!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box gluten-free matzo
- 1 jar marinara sauce, of choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, more as desired/needed
- Optional: 2 cups fresh spinach, sautéed
- Optional: 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sautéed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8 inch pan, or a pan large enough to fit the your matzoh board.
- Layer 1: Place enough sauce to cover the bottom, about 1/3 cup.
- Layer 2: Place the 1 matzoh board on top. You’ll use 1 for an 8×8 inch pan, or use 1 1/2 or 2, depending on how big your baking pan is.
- Layer 3: Spread more tomato sauce over the matzoh (1/4 cup).
- Layer 4: Spread the ricotta mixture. If adding sautéed veggies, add after this layer.
- Layer 5: Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have filled up your baking dish to the top.
- End with tomato sauce then top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- *You do not need to soak the matzoh prior to baking or assembling this recipe!
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 578mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
This post is sponsored by Stop & Shop. All opinions are always 100% my own!
April 5, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!