This Gluten-Free Matzo Lasagna is my family favorite Passover recipe! It’s a hit year after year, because it mimics real lasagna noodles so perfectly! Add in veggies of choice or leave as is, for the perfect Passover matzo lasagna!
Gluten-Free Matzo Lasagna
I am so excited to share this recipe which has become a holiday tradition in our home!
Ingredients we use in this recipe for Passover:
- Yahuda Gluten-Free Matzo (or Matzo of choice)
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce (bonus: there is no added sugar to this sauce!)
- Simply Organic Spices (Italian Seasoning, Garlic Granules, & Red Pepper Flakes)
- Fresh Organic Basil
- Organic Spinach & Mushrooms
- 8×8-Inch Square Baking Pan
How to make matzo lasagna
Question of the day: Do you write matzo, matzoh, matza? Seriously, there are so many spellings! I go with matzo!
Other Items I buy at Stop & Shop:
- Pukka Teas
- Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour & Arrowroot Flour
- Wholesome Sweeteners
- Let’s Do Organic Shredded Coconut (a must for my Passover Coconut Macaroons)
- Coombs Maple Syrup
- Nutiva Coconut Flour
- Wild Friends Nut Butter
- Organic Valley Ghee
- Maple Hill Creamery Grass-Fed Greek Yogurt
- Healthade Kombucha
- Tuttorosso Canned Tomatoes
- Mary’s Gluten-Free Crackers (great to serve with your Passover appetizers)
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Products
- Kerrygold Cheeses
- Nature’s Promise Organic Almond Butter
- Nature’s Promise Organic Applesauce
- …AND MORE! So many fabulous items!
You are going to love this matzo lasagna recipe!
Want other Passover favorites? Try these:
- Nanny’s Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Matzo Lasagna
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Coconut Macaroons
- Make the Homemade Horseradish or Nanny’s Potted Chicken, both are in my cookbook!
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box gluten-free matzo
- 1 jar marinara sauce, of choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, more as desired/needed
- Optional: 2 cups fresh spinach, sautéed
- Optional: 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sautéed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan, or a pan large enough to fit the your matzoh board.
- Layer 1: Place enough sauce to cover the bottom, about 1/3 cup.
- Layer 2: Place the 1 matzoh board on top. You'll use 1 for an 8x8 inch pan, or use 1 1/2 or 2, depending on how big your baking pan is.
- Layer 3: Spread more tomato sauce over the matzoh (1/4 cup).
- Layer 4: Spread the ricotta mixture. If adding sautéed veggies, add after this layer.
- Layer 5: Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have filled up your baking dish to the top.
- End with tomato sauce then top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- *You do not need to soak the matzoh prior to baking or assembling this recipe!
This post is sponsored by Stop & Shop. All opinions are always 100% my own!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!