Vietnamese Beef Cabbage Wraps
These Vietnamese Beef Cabbage Wraps will be the new hit of your weeknight dinner! Flavorful slow cooker shredded Vietnamese beef topped with pan-fried okra and blistered shishito peppers wrapped in napa cabbage for a delicious meal pulled together from your CSA or farmer’s market haul!!
I love this dish! I had some napa cabbage from my CSA and wanted to put it to good use as a lettuce wrap replacement. I want to put this beef on EVERYTHING. It is cooked slow with my favorite set it and forget it method, and has ALL THE FLAVORS. I wanted to use up all of my CSA haul, so I breaded some okra, pan fried it up, and blistered some shishito peppers for the ultimate dinner win.
Week 4 of the CSA summer series with Fed and Fit and PaleOMG is already here. Where is summer going? We’re getting married in less than 4 weeks. NUTS.
It’s a unique combo, but trust me, you’ll want to make these! The beef is EVERYTHING.
Vietnamese Beef Cabbage Wraps
- 2 pounds grass-fed sirloin steak
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder or 1-inch chunk grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
For the Slow Cooker Vietnamese Beef
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups okra, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- Pinch fine sea salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper
For the Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Additional lime wedges, for garnish
- Season steak generously with salt and pepper. In a hot skillet with a little oil, sear both sides of the steak and add into the insert of your slow cooker. Add in remaining ingredients, toss, and set on low for 8 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 eggs and add chopped okra into the egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate small large bowl combine almond flour and add in salt and pepper. Dip the okra into the almond flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when it's hot, fry okra on each side for about 2 minutes until golden and fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- Toss shishito peppers in oil and salt and broil on high for 3-4 minutes on each side, watching to avoid burning completely.
- Place beef, peppers, and okra in napa cabbage leaves, squeeze with lime juice, and serve with additional lime wedges.
Cassy made you Fennel Pesto Whole Chicken & Zucchini Spaghetti
Bursting with fresh flavor, this dairy-free, Paleo fennel pesto makes for a delicious roasted chicken and craveable pesto zucchini spaghetti!
Juli made you Thai Carrot & Cucumber Gazpacho
A cold soup for the hot summer months that is filled with cucumber, carrots, and tomatoes, mixed with ingredients like coconut milk and lime leaves to give it a Thai flavor and spice!
July 27, 2016
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!