These Vietnamese Beef Cabbage Wraps will be the new hit of your weeknight dinner! Flavorful slow cooker shredded Vietnamese beef topped with pan-fried okra and blistered shishito peppers wrapped in napa cabbage for a delicious meal pulled together from your CSA or farmer’s market haul!!
I love this dish! I had some napa cabbage from my CSA and wanted to put it to good use as a lettuce wrap replacement. I want to put this beef on EVERYTHING. It is cooked slow with my favorite set it and forget it method, and has ALL THE FLAVORS. I wanted to use up all of my CSA haul, so I breaded some okra, pan fried it up, and blistered some shishito peppers for the ultimate dinner win.
Week 4 of the CSA summer series with Fed and Fit and PaleOMG is already here. Where is summer going? We’re getting married in less than 4 weeks. NUTS.
It’s a unique combo, but trust me, you’ll want to make these! The beef is EVERYTHING.
- 2 pounds grass-fed sirloin steak
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder or 1-inch chunk grated fresh ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
For the Slow Cooker Vietnamese Beef
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 cups okra, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- Pinch fine sea salt, more to taste
- Pinch black pepper
For the Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Additional lime wedges, for garnish
- Season steak generously with salt and pepper. In a hot skillet with a little oil, sear both sides of the steak and add into the insert of your slow cooker. Add in remaining ingredients, toss, and set on low for 8 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together 2 eggs and add chopped okra into the egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate small large bowl combine almond flour and add in salt and pepper. Dip the okra into the almond flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when it's hot, fry okra on each side for about 2 minutes until golden and fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- Toss shishito peppers in oil and salt and broil on high for 3-4 minutes on each side, watching to avoid burning completely.
- Place beef, peppers, and okra in napa cabbage leaves, squeeze with lime juice, and serve with additional lime wedges.
Cassy made you Fennel Pesto Whole Chicken & Zucchini Spaghetti
Bursting with fresh flavor, this dairy-free, Paleo fennel pesto makes for a delicious roasted chicken and craveable pesto zucchini spaghetti!
Juli made you Thai Carrot & Cucumber Gazpacho
A cold soup for the hot summer months that is filled with cucumber, carrots, and tomatoes, mixed with ingredients like coconut milk and lime leaves to give it a Thai flavor and spice!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!