Ah, protein pancakes! There was a good 6 weeks this year where these beauties were made every single morning. So many variations, so many delicious pancakes consumed. Below is the base recipe; which you can adapt and get creative with!
Coconut with Berry Compote
And Blueberry Pancakes
- -1 egg
- -1 banana
- -1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use either Grass-fed Whey or Vegan Protein Powder)
- -1 tbsp flour (Coconut flour, GF All-purpose flour, Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake flour, etc.)
- -½ tsp baking powder
- -Any add-ins you like!
- -Optional: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- -Mash banana and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix in add-ins
- -Pour onto sprayed pan and cook slow on medium heat
- Be patient! Cook it over low or medium heat in order for them to cook properly