These protein pancakes are made with only 5 ingredients and are perfect fuel for a busy morning or a pre-workout breakfast! They’re gluten-free, nutrient-dense and pack a punch of added protein!
5-Ingredient Protein Pancakes
I am obsessed with these protein pancakes! Just 5-ingredients, one-bowl, and they result in fluffy and delicious healthy pancakes! These healthy protein pancakes have a WHOLE LOT of protein per serving, and are super quick for an easy breakfast any day of the week. There was a good 6 weeks in my life where these beauties were made every single morning and I never got sick of them! I couldn’t get over how nutritious and customizable they were. Add banana, blueberries, chocolate chips… the options are endless! I also started adding spices such as cinnamon to change things up a bit.
Protein Pancake Ingredients
- Protein Powder
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Ghee or Avocado Oil
How to Make Protein Pancakes
These don’t act the same as traditional pancakes, so don’t fear if your batter has a thin consistency.
The batter can be made either in a bowl, or in the blender.
- To make them in a bowl, mash the bananas really well and then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- To make in a blender add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until just combined, about 30 seconds.
Tip: I recommend cooking these in a nonstick skillet. Again, these aren’t traditional pancakes so you’ll need to cook them over low heat for a longer amount of time to fully cook through the batter. Cover the pan to help them cook through evenly. Flip them when they’re lightly golden brown and cook on the other side the same way.
Top these with either maple syrup and butter or some drippy or warmed nut butter for an extra dose of protein and serve immediately.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Check out these:
- Classic Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancake Fat Bomb
- Easy Pizza Scramble
- Cherry, Coconut, and Chocolate Granola
These protein pancakes are made with only 5 ingredients and are perfect fuel for a busy morning or a pre-workout breakfast! They're gluten-free, nutrient-dense and pack a punch of added protein!
- Mash banana in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk in the eggs, protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon until no lumps remain. If adding any additions such as chocolate chips, add them in here.
- Heat ghee or avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, turn down heat to low and pour in batter. Cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or warmed nut butter.
- Alternatively you could make the batter in a blender.
- I like Vital Proteins and SFH protein powder.
- This recipe was originally published in 2013, and republished in 2020.