Growing up in New York, the “everything” bagel was my go-to sandwich bread. A toasted egg everything or a whole wheat everything… You name it, I loved it. These Everything Bagel topped Cauliflower Rolls are low carb, paleo-friendly, and a perfect roll alternative.
Now, you know I don’t eat those bagels anymore, not even the gluten-free ones, so I bring to you an alternative that is really so beyond good! When these rolls were baking in the oven my whole apartment smelled like those glorious everything bagels I loved so much.
Cheers to another delicious and healthy alternative!
Watch the video:
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet.
- In a food processor, or using a hand grater, pulse/grate cauliflower until rice consistency.
- In a bowl combine eggs, cauliflower rice, almond flour, coconut flour, garlic powder, and salt,
- In a separate bowl combine "everything" topping ingredients.
- Roll cauliflower mixture into even sized balls and lay onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle "everything" topping and slightly press them into the top,
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional: For extra crisp rolls, remove from baking sheet and broil on high for 3 minutes with the buns directly on the oven rack.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool directly on a cooling rack.
- Serve as rolls with your meal, or serve as bread with your favorite sandwich ingredients.
- *Updated 12/2016.
- *Note: Cauliflower sizes vary. If yours is bigger or makes more riced cauliflower, and it seems like it needs a little extra love to make them firm, add an additional egg and tablespoon of flour. 3 cups of packed riced cauliflower is the correct consistency for these rolls. Makes 4 large or 6 medium rolls.
- *Nutrition (without toppings) for 4 large rolls, per roll: 94 calories, 4.4 g fat, 8.4g carb, 5.9g protein
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!