I was never a fan of brussels sprouts until about a year ago, and now I can’t get enough! This is a great Fall side dish. It combines savory and sweet tastes to adhere to just about anyone’s liking!
Maple + Bacon = side dish WIN.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Halve brussels sprouts and remove outer leaves
- Line baking pan with foil
- Toss brussels sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper
- Roast, stirring mid-way, for 20-25 minutes until caramelized and tender
- While roasting, cook bacon using desired method (oven, microwave, or skillet), let cool and set aside
- When brussels sprouts are done, heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet and transfer them to the skillet
- Pour 1 tbsp maple syrup over the brussels sprouts and toss to coat evenly with a wooden spoon
- Let cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring often
- Taste and add the 2nd tbsp maple, based on desired taste (I didn't find it needed it)
- Sprinkle bacon, ground garlic, and extra Himalayan sea salt on top and serve hot
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!