These Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies are so perfectly chewy, soft, and delicious! The combination of cinnamon, chocolate, and raisins in these are heaven. No one will be able to tell that these are gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
This weekend my family gathered to remember the life of my loving grandmother. As hard as the past few days have been, we try and feel comfort having our family and friends by our side. I got to spend some quality time with my siblings. When my younger brother came across my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, he immediately requested a healthy version of Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (his favorite), and of course I set out to do just that. What’s more comforting on a cool Fall day then a nice chewy oatmeal cookie with a glass of almond milk?
For my paleo friends out there: GASP! Oatmeal cookies? Oats? That isn’t paleo! Yes, yes, I am aware. If you’ve read through past posts of mine you know I don’t like treat a diet like a religion. Right now I may not eat grains, but many do! Do what fits your lifestyle. These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, and free of refined sugar; but if you are strict paleo you know that grains, such as oats, are avoided. Yes, I eat and cook paleo-friendly, and 99.99% of my recipes here are paleo-friendly, but this one has oats! So if you’re not down with the oats (like me, most of the time- with the exception of these babies), skip over this yummy one! Otherwise, you won’t be disappointed with this deliciously chewy cookie loaded with chocolate chips and raisins! Seriously, you won’t, these were a hit!
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (8 tablespoons), room temperature (can substitute coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 fresh organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life's mini chocolate chips (or chocolate chips of choice), more as desired
- 1/3 cup organic raisins, more as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 cup oats a few times and pour into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the oats, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixing bowl with the ground oats.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar using a hand mixer. You can use a stand mixer here as well.
- Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Pour butter mixture and applesauce into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in chocolate chips and raisins.
- Roll into balls and gently pat down on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack and serve!
- *Pictures updated April, 2017.
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!