A few weeks go I posted on my Facebook and Twitter pages asking if anyone would like to see some yummy, light, and gluten-free cocktails on the LCK blog. I’ve been refraining from posting any cocktail recipes and I’m not sure why. Maybe because since this is a healthy lifestyle blog full of clean eating recipes, I felt you wouldn’t want to see them! But I was wrong! I guess you guys like your drinks… ha ha.
I also firmly believe that part of a healthy lifestyle means sometimes splurging, things in moderation, and just living a little! Am I right? Plus, I don’t want to give you guys the vibe that I never indulge. That would just be a lie. Yes, I do eat super clean, but you can be sure that I often eat too much dark chocolate and I go to dinner and order a drink. I’m not saying to go binge drink every weekend, but if a nice cocktail every now and then suits your fancy, go for it (paleo police, don’t hate me), and now you can enjoy one a little more guilt-free. Anyway, the response was incredible!
Many friends of mine can vouch for my drink making skills. I can’t lie, I make a mean ‘tini. Yeah, I called it a ’tini, that’s a love/hate word right there. Anyway, most of the drinks I’ve whipped up in the past were loaded with sugar in all forms (hence why they were so good). But, since making the switch to eating clean (…and gluten, dairy, soy, refined sugar-free, and so on and so on), I have been experimenting making cocktails that I genuinely don’t feel SO bad about drinking (in moderation, obv).
Lastly, it’s Friday and next week is Thanksgiving! This drink is the perfect drink to serve for your family and friends. Let me tell you, we really enjoyed taste testing this recipe. I was told it needs to be a go-to!
Apple Cider Sangria
Write a review
- 1 bottle white wine (I used Pinot Grigio)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh apple cider (3 if you want more of a cider taste)
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2-1 cup gluten-free vodka
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pommegranates
- 1 orange, chopped
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1. Chop apple and oranges and place in the bottom of a pitcher with pomegranates
- 2. Add in cinnamon sticks, carbonated water, wine, cinnamon, and raw honey- stir
- 3. Add in vodka (I start with 1/2 cup), mix and taste- adjust as desired
- 4. Serve with ice!
- The longer it sits, the better! Make an hour or two before serving and let it sit in the fridge.
- There are many gluten-free vodkas out there, my two favorite are Ciroc Vodka and Tito's Handmade Vodka. Tequila and rum are generally naturally gluten-free. Read labels and be cautious of added flavors.
- I buy my cider fresh from a local farm.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/