This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Holiday Champagne Punch is the ultimate lightened-up holiday cocktail! It’s made with freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, naturally sweetened, and serves a crowd!
The Best Holiday Punch Recipe
Serving a crowd? I have the perfect holiday punch cocktail for you!
I’m sure we can all agree that holiday parties are so much better with a fun and festive drink in hand. And this holiday champagne punch recipe is perfect for your New Year’s Eve party.
It’s loaded with fabulous fresh squeezed citrus flavor, champagne and vodka, a splash of sparkling water, and lightly sweetened with a honey and ginger simple syrup. I couldn’t put my glass down!
If you’re going to do holiday cocktails, do them right. This NYE Holiday Champagne Punch is just the recipe you need.
Scroll down for the full ingredient list!
- Orange Juice and Grapefruit Juice: you can use pre-made juices in a pinch but I think freshly squeezed juice is the way to go!
- Sparkling Water: I use plain sparkling water but flavored should work as well.
- Champagne or Prosecco: champagne is a little more expensive while prosecco is a little more economical. Either will work and either will be delicious!
- Vodka: I use gluten-free vodka but regular vodka will work as well.
- Simple Syrup: I make a refined sugar-free simple syrup with honey, water, and fresh ginger!
- Ice: you can put the ice in the pitcher or in the serving glasses.
Garnishes: decorate the punch with lemon, orange, and grapefruit slices, fresh cranberries or pomegranate seeds, and a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary.
I made this punch multiple times now and couldn’t put my glass down. If you’re going to cocktail, let’s do it right! It’s
How to Make Champagne Punch
This holiday punch recipe comes together in just 15 minutes!
- Make simple syrup: Combine honey, water, and ginger in a saucepan and simmer on the stove for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the juice: Squeeze the oranges and grapefruit to get 2 cups of orange juice and 1¾ cups of grapefruit juice.
- Combine: In a pitcher, combine the juice with sparkling water, champagne or prosecco, vodka, cranberries, rosemary, and ice. Mix in the cooled simple syrup.
- Garnish: Garnish with orange, grapefruit, and lemon slices then serve!
Can You Make This Without Alcohol?
Absolutely! Make this drink alcohol-free by just leaving out the alcohol. You can supplement with extra juice or sparkling water.
Tips and Notes for Holiday Punch
- Use fresh juice. The extra little bit of effort is so worth the flavor!
- Don’t over-mix. Once you’ve added the sparkling water and champagne/prosecco, don’t mix the drink too much. If you over-stir it you’ll stir out the bubbles.
- Ice it. These drinks are just that much better cold. If you don’t like ice in your drinks, set the pitcher in the fridge for a little bit before serving.
- Garnish! The garnishes aren’t totally necessary but they do make the punch look super pretty!
- Decorate the glasses. Try decorating the rim of the glasses by dipping them in juice and then in festive sugar sprinkles for an added pop of color!
- Leftover simple syrup will last for up to 1 month in the fridge. Feel free to make extra and keep it on hand for all your holiday parties!
Can Holiday Punch Be Made Ahead of Time?
It can, but I recommend waiting to add the champagne/prosecco and sparkling water. Anything with carbonation that sits too long will go flat and you want the drink to be as fresh as possible!
To make it ahead of time, mix together everything but the carbonated ingredients and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When you’re ready to serve, simply add in the sparkling water and champagne, garnish, and serve!
Food Pairing Suggestions
Complete your party menu with a few delicious finger foods! Here are some of my favorites:
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Prosciutto Wrapped Glazed Shrimp
- Charcuterie Board
- Spinach Dipped Stuffed Mushrooms
- Eggplant Parm Bites
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
More Holiday Drinks to Wow Friends and Family
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Aperol Spritz
- Cranberry Orange Margarita
- Slow Cooker Mulled Cider with Caramel Pecan Rim
- Orange Cranberry Margarita
Watch The Video:
Sparkling Citrus Punch [VIDEO]
- 5 freshly squeezed oranges makes 2 cups of juice
- 2 freshly squeezed grapefruits makes 1 3/4 cups of juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 2 bottles of champagne or prosecco
- 6 to 8 ounces gluten-free vodka
- 3/4 cup of simple syrup add more based on desired sweetness
- 2 cups of ice
- Garnish: 4 lemon slices 4 orange slices, 2 grapefruit slices, and 1/2 cup fresh cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- Garnish: Sprigs of rosemary
Simple Syrup (makes: 1 1/4 cup):
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and cut into slices
- Make simple syrup: Bring water honey, and ginger to a simmer, let simmer for 5 minutes. Take off heat and set aside Let cool completely before using. Store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Juice oranges and grapefruit and set aside. Cut additional orange, grapefruit, and lemon slices for garnish in the pitcher.
- Place freshly squeezed juice, and fruit slices in pitcher.
- Pour in sparkling water, hampagne or prosecco, vodka, cranberries, 3 sprigs of rosemary, and 2 cups of ice.
- Once simple syrup is cooled, pour in 3/4 of a cup. Reserve remaining simple syrup for later use.
- Stir well, garnish, and serve.
thank you, great cocktail and definitely appreciate the lightened version, certainly don’t need a lot of refined sugar in my alcohol, instant headache for me, so much appreciated!
How many servings or how much does this recipe make?
Serves about 10, depending on how much/little people drink!
8-10 depending on how heavy of drinkers!
My mouth is watering right now!! This looks SO festive and SO refreshing! I think I’m going to add it to my Christmas menu 😉
Love it! Enjoy!
Dang girl, that is so pretty I almost wouldn’t want to drink it! Almost, lol. I love the combination of pomegranate and grapefruit.
This is gorgeous! We have guests coming Christmas weekend and they would love this!
Thank you! Enjoy it!!!!
This drink looks so beautiful! Love all of the citrus!
This looks so good, Lexi!!! <3