Nothing reminds me more of the holidays than a warm cookie oozing with chocolate chips and the just-the-right addition of macadamia nuts. I envision sitting by a fire with family and friends holding nice cup of coffee or a glass of almond milk and enjoying some delicious guilt-free cookies …or just standing In the kitchen shoveling them in as I taste-test the recipe, that works too.
I love the spirit of this season. It’s festive, full of time with family, holiday parties with friends, and a lot of reflecting and happiness for the upcoming year. These cookies are perfect for your upcoming family get together, holiday party, or for the chocolate lover in your life!
Find how to make this delicious recipe along with the products that I use in my kitchen below. You can use Membership Rewards points for these, too!
…And not that you need an excuse, but today is National Bake Cookies Day, so get busy in the kitchen!
Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
Write a review
- -1 cup almond flour
- -1 tbsp coconut flour
- -1 egg
- -5 tbsp coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- -3 tbsp raw organic honey
- -1/4 cup melted dark chocolate
- -1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts, more if desired
- -1/4 cup good quality cacoa powder
- -1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- -1/8 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- -1/4 tsp baking soda
- -¼ cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life's or your favorite dark chocolate chunks)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Line baking sheet with baking liner
- 3. Mix dry ingredients in one mixing bowl (minus nuts and additional chocolate chips)
- 4. Mix wet ingredients in another mixing bowl
- 5. Combine wet and dry ingredients
- 6. Fold in nuts and chocolate chips
- 7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop spoonful at a time onto baking sheet
- 8. Bake for 15 minutes
- 9. Let cool on cooling rack
- 10. Serve with a glass of almond milk or a fresh cup of coffee!
- Sandwich two with dairy-free whipped cream for a real treat!
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/