After a great vacation in Jamaica and an unplanned week off of LCK… I am back! I am ready for a new year filled with new endeavors and of course loads of new recipes! So. Many. Recipes. If you could only see my notes app on my iPhone. Every time I get inspired I jot down messages to myself. With over 75 of these messages, I can’t wait to get the new year rolling in the kitchen!
Aside from Sunday’s meaning a Savory Sunday dish on the blog, for me it also usually means some MEAL PREP for the week (excluding this week, because I am off until Thursday). I’ve talked a bit about the importance of meal prepping, and I can’t stress it enough if you are new to a clean eating lifestyle. Like seriously, it is a huge and important part of my week that ensures the up keep of a healthy lifestyle. Now, don’t get me wrong… there are weekends I am away and don’t have the opporunity to meal prep (that’s life), and on those few days when I am scrambling for lunches I truly am reminded of how important it is to prep ahead of time!
Which brings me to….. BUSTING OUT THE CROCK-POT! Hello, lifesaver. Making crock-pot shredded chicken is as easy as 1-2-turn it on and leave. I love this lunch in particular because you can do a lot with it. I eat it in plain a bowl, wrapped in a lettuce leaf, top it on a salad, etc. Anything you’d like to do with pesto chicken, do it here. Delicious, easy, and makes a lot!
Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken Salad
Write a review
Crock Pot Chicken
- 1.5 lb. organic boneless chicken breasts (3 or 4 pieces)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cashews, walnuts, or nuts of choice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Dash Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
- Optional: Dash red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1. Using your crock-pot, follow these directions to make your shredded chicken
- 2. While chicken is cooking, make pesto and set aside in fridge
- 3. Once chicken is removed and shredded or cubed, in a bowl combine chicken and pesto
- 4. In a small pan, place 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts and toast for 3-4 minutes, mixing often
- 5. Add in pine nuts and any other additions. Store in fridge.
- -Cheese of choice
- -Sun dried tomatoes
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/