Throw together this flavorful chicken bowl packed with spicy broccoli, roasted sweet potato, avocado, and MORE. Top it with this light spicy mango sauce for a perfect and hearty lunch or dinner.
I’m obsessed with meals in bowls right now! Something about it just speaks to me. This month with my blogging girlies, we’re bringing you 4 healthy meals to eat in BOWLS and I’m so excited about it.
Broccoli Avocado Tuna Bowl from Eating Bird Food
Put that can of tuna in your pantry to good use with this inexpensive, easy and flavorful Broccoli Avocado Tuna Bowl recipe.
DIY Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl from Food Faith Fitness
Make your own healthy, gluten free and paleo-friendly Chipotle Burrito Bowl at home with this quick and easy, 30 minute recipe! It’s perfect for busy weeknights and under 450 calories!
Strawberry Coconut Polenta Breakfast Bowls from Running to the Kitchen
These protein packed polenta breakfast bowls are made with creamy coconut milk and filled with juicy ripe spring strawberries for a sweet start to the day.
Now, my Chicken Buddha Bowl with Spicy Mango Sauce.
What exactly is a Buddha bowl, you may ask?
Generally, it’s a combination of: Grains, Protein, Veggies, and Toppings/Dressing. I swapped out the grains for spinach and kale, but this bowl is awesome with some cooked white rice, too!
I love it because it’s customizable to what you have on hand, and absolutely anything and everything is awesome with this Spicy Mango Sauce on top!
If you have a rotisserie chicken made, chop it up and use that. Have no chicken made? Dice, marinade, and cook in a skillet. The options are endless and all results in a delicious and nutritious meal.
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato or sweet potato and purple potato combination
- 1 1/2 cup spicy roasted broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups roasted chicken (slow-cooker, skillet cooked, or rotisserie)
- 1 cup baby spinach or chopped kale
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mango, cubed
- Optional: 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 sweet potato or 1 pound purple potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- In a high-speed blender, blend Mango Sauce ingredients and set aside.
- On two lined baking sheets, toss sweet potatoes with oil and salt on one, and broccoli with olive oil and sauce on the other. Roast for 45 minutes until fork tender. When done, toss broccoli with chili paste.
- Place 1/2 cup of greens in each bowl and rice if adding.
- Top with roasted potatoes, avocado, chicken, mango, and drizzle or toss with sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of potatoes, broccoli, mango, and avocado to your desired amount!
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!