January is in full-force! We are cleaning up our eating with my dinner meal plans (find them here), and are kicking it into gear with goals and resolutions. Today I want to talk about some feel good veggie soup though, because it seems like everyone around me is coming down with a cold! Plus, it’s plain old cold outside.
This soup is packed with veggies and spices that are filled with antioxidants to help you heal (or just feel extra awesome). Loaded with ginger, garlic, turmeric, and bone broth we are kicking that Winter cold good-bye! Who’s ready to warm up with a bowl of Feel Good Soup?
Watch the video:
Seriously, you’ll instantly feel GOOD!
If you like this soup recipe, try these:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 inch chunk ginger, grated or minced
- 1 large onion or leek, finely diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped leeks
- 2 1/2 cups kale, chopped
- 6 cups chicken bone broth or veggie broth homemade or store-bought
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- Optional: 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Optional: 3 cups kale or spinach
- Optional: 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- Optional: parsley, for garnish
- In your dutch oven heat oil and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add in onions and/or leeks, carrots, ginger, and celery, let cook for 5 minutes- stirring often.
- Add in chopped kale and let cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add in broth and spices. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add optional kale, spinach, or chicken then let simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- If the ginger, garlic, and turmeric made the flavors stronger than you desire, add additional bone broth or water.
What are your favorite natural cold remedies?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!