These Prosciutto Wrapped Glazed Shrimp are a combination of sweet and tangy with a hint of spice. They are the perfect appetizer for any occasion!
I am so excited to share a recipe with you from Danielle’s newest cookbook, Celebrations! As someone who loves to entertain, this book is a total staple. It is a beautiful book with over 100 recipes, perfect for any celebration or weeknight meal.
From a Thanksgiving spread–complete with turkey and stuffing, creamy green bean casserole, and all of the quintessential pies. There’s also menus for both Christmas breakfast and dinner; a New Year’s Eve cocktail party, a Father’s Day menu, and Easter brunch.
I cannot wait to dive and and make the Grain-Free Corn Bread, the Fudge, and the Peach Cobbler!
Prosciutto Wrapped Glazed Shrimp
Write a review
- ½ cup dried unsulfured apricots
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds jumbo raw shrimp (about 40 pieces), peeled and deveined with tails on
- 8 ounces prosciutto, sliced into thin ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the glaze, combine the apricots in a saucepan with ¾ cup of the water, the maple syrup, chili powder, and cayenne. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the apricots are rehydrated.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender and add the remaining ½ cup water. Blend until smooth.
- Wrap each shrimp with prosciutto and place, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Brush with glaze.
- Bake to 10 to 12 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque throughout. Brush again with the glaze midway through. Serve hot.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/