Grilled Caesar Salad With Blackened Shrimp
This Grilled Caesar With Blackened Shrimp is the perfect meal to impress with this Summer. Smoky and flavorful shrimp, perfectly grilled romaine lettuce, and fresh tomatoes drizzled with my go-to dairy-free caesar salad dressing. I cannot wait to make this again and again! The blackened shrimp is amazing on absolutely everything!
I have been wanting to make a grilled caesar salad for awhile now and am so excited how this one turned out! It will definitely be a Summer staple. If you have yet to try grilled romaine lettuce, this is definitely a must-try!
The perfect blackened shrimp rub (that would be great for chicken, too)!
This salad is packed with:
Juicy blackened shrimp
Grilled romaine lettuce
Fresh cherry tomatoes
The perfect dairy-free creamy caesar dressing!
Top it with a squeeze of lemon for the ultimate summer salad!
Grilled Caesar With Blackened Shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon White pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp
- I head romaine lettuce, sliced in half and grilled
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 lemon, sliced thin or into wedges for garnish
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo, homemade or store-bought
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Blackened Shrimp Seasoning
Other Salad Ingredients
Caesar Dressing from page 320 of the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook
- In a high-speed blender combine all caesar salad ingredients. Pulse once or twice just until blended. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired and set aside.
- Mix blackened shrimp seasoning in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pat shrimp dry and dredge in the blackened shrimp seasoning. Place on skewers and brush generously with extra virgin olive oil. Grill shrimp until opaque and fully cooked through, about 5-6 minutes turning to char on each side.
- Drizzle romaine lettuce with extra virgin olive oil. Place lettuce, cut side-down, on the grill. Grill until slightly wilted and charred, about 5 minutes.
- Place grilled shrimp, lettuce, and the rest of the salad ingredients on a serving platter of choice.
- Top salad with a drizzle of caesar dressing and parmesan cheese if using. Serve warm with more caesar dressing on the side and lemon slices.
July 3, 2017
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!