This Classic Chicken Soup is my best chicken soup I’ve made to date, and it is made in the slow cooker! It has all the flavors of your classic chicken soup just like grandma used to make.
Packed with tons of veggies and tender chicken, this classic comfort soup is perfect for a rainy Fall or Winter day, or if you come down with a little sickness.
I am SO excited about this soup. Growing up in a Jewish home, chicken soup was a staple (and still is) for holidays and anytime someone started to come down with something. I’ve eaten A LOT of chicken soup in my day, and this is hands down my favorite. PLUS, it’s literally the easiest recipe to throw together.
Classic Chicken Soup
- Place garlic, carrots, onion, and celery into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with sea salt, then add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add in the water, dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, discard the bay leaf and remove the chicken to shred. Discard the skin and bones.
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- I buy pasture-raised chickens whenever possible.
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!