This Classic Chicken Soup is my best chicken soup I’ve made to date, and it is made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot! It has all the flavors of your classic chicken soup just like grandma used to make. Packed with tons of veggies and tender chicken, this classic comfort soup is perfect for a rainy Fall or Winter day, or if you come down with a little sickness.
I am SO excited about this soup. Growing up in a Jewish home, chicken soup was a staple (and still is) for holidays and anytime someone started to come down with something. I’ve eaten A LOT of chicken soup in my day, and this is hands down my favorite. PLUS, it’s literally the easiest recipe to throw together.
Want more soup recipes? Here are some of our favorites:
- Feel Good Veggie Soup
- Rustic Vegetable Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Gluten-Free Minestrone Soup
- White Chicken Chili
How to make chicken soup in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
Watch the video:
- Place garlic, carrots, onion, and celery into the insert of your slow cooker.
- Pat chicken dry and season generously with sea salt, then add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Add in the water, dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Once done, discard the bay leaf and remove the chicken to shred. Discard the skin and bones.
- Place chicken back into the slow cooker. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
For Instant Pot:
- Place veggies in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Top with chicken, herbs, and spices.
- Add 6 cups water.
- Push 'Soup' and let cook for 30 minutes. Let slow release or use quick release.
- Shred chicken, discarding skin and bones.
- Adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- NOTE: For frozen chicken, cook for 40 minutes.
Does chicken soup resonate with you like it does for me?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!