These Gluten-Free Classic Potato Latkes are just like grandma makes them, only made without any refined white flour! They have the classic delicious flavors you want, and I guarantee that nobody will know they are gluten-free!
Just look at that crispy outside!
Do you eat your latkes with applesauce or sour cream? I’m applesauce all the way, and I love making my own! It tastes so much better! Find the applesauce recipe in my cookbook, which is now on sale for $14 (60% off)!!
Gluten-Free Classic Potato Latkes
Write a review
- 6 potatoes (makes about 6.5 cups shredded potatoes)
- 2 medium onions (makes 1 cup grated)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 6 tablespoons arrowroot flour/starch
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup of oil of choice, or enough oil to cover pan to a debt of 1/2 inch (I like avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil)
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Grate the onions. Add grated mixture to a fine mesh strainer lined with a cheese cloth and strain as much excess water out as possible. Place strained mixture into a large bowl. Mince garlic and add it to the bowl with the potato and onion.
- Add in the eggs, arrowroot flour/starch, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup of oil into a large pan and heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, make patties out of the potato mixture (squeeze out even more excess liquid as you make patties) and pan-fry until brown on both sides. Should take about 3-4 minutes on each side but watch closely to avoid burning.
- Makes 10-12 large latkes.
- Paired with the Homemade Apple Sauce in the Lexi's Clean Kitchen Cookbook
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/