This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This One Pan Roast Chicken Dinner recipe is the perfect one-pan-meal. The tender and juicy chicken is roasted with garlic and herbs and the accompanying vegetables are baked underneath the chicken. It’s a hands-off meal that is easy to prep, so satisfying and versatile as it can be made with any veggies you have on hand. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Roasted Chicken Dinner
Look no further, this is your dinner tonight! This Roasted Chicken Dinner is such an essential recipe that everybody should have in their back pocket! It features a bunch of in-season vegetables roasted with garlic underneath an herb and butter chicken that is made easy with hands-off roasting and can be made for a weeknight dinner or a dressed up for a fancy meal. Sometimes simple is the best, and this classic recipe is it.
I love this because you can also customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Here we used the classic combo of carrots, potatoes and onions (which caramelize and add a special layer of flavor) but really you can use any seasonal vegetables like fennel, parsnips or butternut squash!
What is the best way to roast a whole chicken?
We love to roast the chicken and the fixins all in the same pan! It’s easy prep and easy clean up. Simply:
- Add vegetables to the bottom of the pan with oil and salt.
- Prepare the chicken by removing giblets and excess fat, season and place in pan.
I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you today’s whole Roasted Chicken Dinner recipe! SVO is my go-to trusted chicken company because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms.
Their chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised! Pretty cool if you ask me!
Use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you! Plus, I just love the taste of this chicken! It’s just superior!
How do I season my roast chicken dinner?
We went with classic flavors of herb and butter! We used the herbs from my garden: sage, thyme and scallion. We also went heavy on the garlic with 9 whole cloves both on the chicken and with the vegetables. And of course, lots of salt and pepper.
We use butter in this recipe, but if you are dairy free give it a try to use avocado oil in it’s place.
Tools we used for this recipe:
If you like this entire meal recipe, check out these others:
- Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
- Pork Chop Holiday Dinner
- One Pan Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice
- Ultimate Fried Chicken
Watch the video:
One Pan Roast Chicken Dinner
- 3 medium potatoes cut to same size
- 9 cloves garlic divided
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 large carrots cut to same size
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-3 lb. whole chicken
- 1 small bunch of thyme divided
- 3 scallions divided
- 2 sprigs sage divided
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter softened
- fine sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 425º F.
- Place the potatoes, 8 garlic cloves, onion, and carrots, in a large cast iron pan or roasting pan. Toss with avocado oil, salt, pepper and spread out on pan. Make a small hole in the middle for the chicken to be placed.
- Prepare the butter spread by finely chopping 1 teaspoon of both the fresh thyme and the sage, and 1 tablespoon of the scallion, and mincing 1 garlic clove. In a small bowl add fresh herbs, garlic and softened butter to combine.
- To prepare the chicken remove the giblets and remove any excess fat or feathers. Salt and pepper both the outside and the inside of the chicken. add remaining scallions, thyme and sage to the cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the chicken. Place chicken in the middle of the vegetables and spread the herb butter all over the skin of the chicken.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and roast until chicken registers 165, or until juices run clear, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
Are the giblets in farmer fresh chicken stored i. paper or plastic? I want to cook my whole chicken from frozen in an Ip.
Great! I just finished it last night and the result was unexpected, my wife and daughter both liked it, which made me happy. Thanks for your recipe
So happy! Did you think they wouldn’t enjoy? Glad it was a hit! Thank you for your feedback!
Can I use the oil-free fryer? Its maximum temperature is just 200 C,
so I wonder if my chicken gonna be delicious and juicy as yours…
Taught my g-daughter this recipe to teach her how to read a recipe and cook it. Came out delicious.
Thank you, Lexi!
made this and it was delicious and easy!!
made this last night, absolutely delicious!…will definitely make this again.
This roasted chicken looks so tender and delicious! This is my kind of one pot dinner! So easy to make which is what I’m usually looking for after a busy day!
We are really careful with the quality of our meat, so I loved learning about this product, thank you!
Was the inside chicken cooked completely?
What is a good salad pairing?