This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This 30-Minute Loaded Taco Skillet is loaded with veggies, lean protein, and so much flavor! It’s a low-carb healthy meal that everybody will devour!
Easy Taco Skillet
A quick and simple dinner to throw together, this Easy Taco Skillet will be loved by everyone! It’s been a family favorite of mine for years, and I know your family is going to love it too. Ground turkey is cooked together with spices, loads of veggies and beans, and then the whole thing is topped with cheese for the ultimate taco-inspired meal.
It can be made dairy-free and it’s customizable based on what toppings (if any) you add to it after it’s cooked. Trust us, you’re going to want to make this one.
How to Make it a Meal
I love the versatility that comes with this taco skillet! I make this skillet on nights I’m pretty busy, and we often eat it as is, with a few tortilla chips for dipping. But you can serve this in a variety of ways:
- with cauliflower rice
- with regular rice
- over quinoa
- over a bed of crunchy lettuce, like a taco salad
- over spaghetti squash
- or in tacos!
Sometimes the best part for an easy skillet like this is what you add to it! While there is plenty going on within the skillet itself, it;s still fun to add your favorite taco toppings right on top. Here are a few of my favorite:
- Avocado Slices
- Diced or Marinated Onions
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
Meal Prep Tips
This is such a great meal prep to make at the start of the week for easy grab-and-heat lunches, especially since it takes under 30 minutes to make. Divide the portions into individual containers and let cool completely before closing up the lid. Then simply reheat as needed either in a toaster oven, in a skillet, or in the microwave.
Watch the video:
If you like this taco-inspired meal, check out these others:
30-Minute Loaded Taco Skillet
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1- 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1- 5 ounce can green chiles
- 1- 14.5 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Scallions diced
- Avocados diced
- Pickled jalapeños
- Heat oil in a large 12" skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in zucchini, carrots, peppers, and onion and let cook for 5-7 minutes, until veggies begin to soften.
- Add in turkey, chili powder, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until no pink remains.
- Add in tomatoes, green chiles, and black beans and mix to combine. Reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add in spinach and mix until wilted. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- If adding cheddar cheese, sprinkle over the top and cover the skillet until cheese melts.