Looking for an easy weeknight meal? This easy and healthy Taco Salad recipe is it! It’s simple to prepare, deliciously satisfying, and customizable with your favorite taco toppings! Made in under 30 minutes, it’s the perfect family friendly dinner that is also gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Taco Salad Recipe
Taco night can’t come easier when traditional ground beef tacos are turned into taco salad bowls! This easy and healthy Taco Salad recipe is most definitely going to be a crowd favorite. It’s delicious, so customizable and best of all easy-breezy to make! We take the classic flavor of a ground beef taco with seasoned meat and toss it together with all the usual suspects like romaine, avocado, tomato and (optionally) cheese. To make it easy-as-can-be, use a store bought salsa to help season the meat and to use as a dressing on the assembled salad. It works well with both a red salsa and a green salsa verde.
Want to make it a taco salad bar? If you have picky eaters in your family leave all the different salad ingredients in small bowls and let everyone make their own taco salad bowl! Plus the little ones will think it is fun and just might be tempted to try something new!
Ingredients for Taco Salads
- Ground Beef
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Pickled jalapeños
- Cheddar cheese (optional, omit for Whole30 or Paleo)
Want to customize it to your favorite taco topping? Swap out what you don’t have or don’t like with what you’ve got on hand. Some other great additions are:
- Canned beans
- Shredded kale
- Crushed up tortilla
- Shredded chicken or pork
- Hot sauce
How to Make Taco Salad
This couldn’t be easier! All you have to do to make this dish is:
- Brown some ground beef and add the spices
- Mix up your taco fixings in a large bowl
- Divide among plates and top with cooked ground beef
- Serve with a side of salsa or hot sauce
If you like this simple and healthy salad recipe, check out these others:
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
- Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad with Crispy Chickpeas (& Green Yogurt Dressing)
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad with No Mayo!
Healthy Taco Salad
Looking for an easy weeknight meal? This Easy and Healthy Taco Salad recipe is it! It's simple to prepare, deliciously satisfying, and customizable with your favorite taco toppings! Made in under 30 minutes it's the perfect family friendly dinner that is also gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup salsa of choice, divided
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños
- Optional: 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once hot add beef and cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Drain excess fat. Add all of the spices to the beef and ¼ cup salsa and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile assemble salad: In a large bowl toss together lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, and cheese. Divide between 4 bowls and top with ground beef.
- Serve with remaining salsa on the side for dressing.
July 10, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!