ATX Inspired Breakfast Tacos
Don’t just save the tacos for dinner–they’re perfect for breakfast too! This Breakfast Taco recipe is inspired by a trip to Austin, Texas and they feature refried beans, chorizo, and scrambled eggs! Easy to customize and sure to be a big hit for a brunch of fun breakfast.
Easy Breakfast Tacos
Austin is one of my favorite cities to travel to largely because there are so many good eats! They have a little bit of everything, but what always blew me away were the amazing breakfast tacos! I constantly wonder why they aren’t everywhere in my neck of the woods in the North East, so I often resort to making them at home! They’re quick to make, easily customizable but best-of-all: so delicious! My favorite Austin inspired version uses refried beans, chorizo, a good scramble and sausage. But feel free to sub with what you do have on hand, though keep in mind with breakfast tacos: the simpler, the better.
Ingredients Needed for Breakfast Tacos
- Refried Beans (this homemade recipe is so easy to make!)
The truth is, breakfast tacos really are a great way to use up what you have on hand! We love the combination of flavors that we’ve listed in our recipe, but feel free to substitute in what you have going on in your house. Here are some other suggestions that might work well:
- leftover meats
- leftover veggies
- slice onion
- diced tomato
- canned beans
- lettuce or baby spinach
How to Make Them
Really, this recipe is more of a suggested meal than a recipe, as a lot of this is just gathering together ingredients!
- We recommend making your own refried beans, since it’s so simple, so start with that.
- We love the use of raw chorizo cooked and crumbled without the casing, so that will need to be quickly sautéed up.
- Then move on to preparing the eggs. Scrambled is good choice here, but go ahead and fry up some sunny side up eggs if you want.
- Next gather the remaining ingredients you need, (mainly salsa and cilantro) and set aside before heating up the tortillas! Our favorites are Siete Tortillas or some corn tortillas.
- Then either assemble the tacos or set out all of the ingredients to let everyone assemble their own!
If you like this breakfast recipe, check out these others:Print
Don’t just save the tacos for dinner–they’re perfect for breakfast too! This Breakfast Tacos recipe is inspired by a trip to Austin, Texas and they feature refried beans, chorizo, and scrambled eggs! Easy to customize and sure to be a big hit for a brunch of fun breakfast.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 cup refried beans, prepared or store-bought
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup salsa
- 4–8 tortillas
- Cilantro, sliced thin, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Prepare refried beans (or use store-bought) and set aside in a bowl.
- Remove chorizing from the casing and place in a preheated pan with a splash of oil. Saute until fully-cooked through. Drain any excess oil and set aside in a bowl.
- Prepare scrambled eggs and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat tortillas until pliable, and set aside in a towel.
- Prepare the tacos! Layer the warmed tortillas with refried beans, chorizo, sausage, avocado, salsa and cilantro. Serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 930mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 185mg
May 3, 2020
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!