Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp
This Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp is such a refreshing soup for a hot day! You can customize it by adding in a few extra toppings, like corn or tomatoes. This gazpacho soup with shrimp is the perfect dish for a summer party or an easy lunch or dinner when it’s hot outside! It’s creamy, but dairy-free and Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho Recipe
I love soup all year around, but on a hot day in the summer, a refreshing chilled soup is just what I’m looking for! This soup combines a refreshing mix of avocado, lemon, and cucumber that results in a creamy and flavorful gazpacho. I top it with a few spicy shrimp, corn, basil and hot peppers for a dreamy combination. Feel free to leave off the corn if you are looking for a Paleo or Whole30 soup and add in diced fresh tomatoes instead.
What is Gazpacho?
When you think of gazpacho, most people generally think of a cold soup made from primarily raw ingredients and blended up. The most common type of gazpacho would be one made with a tomato and cucumber base. It’s served as an appetizer or a light meal. This green gazpacho uses a similar technique of blending up cold ingredients but makes them creamy (yet dairy-free) thanks to the addition of ripe avocado.
Gazpacho Topping Options
I loved this soup topped with the spicy shrimp and corn, but in reality you can top it with whatever your heart desires (or you have on hand). Some other options would be:
- diced fresh tomato
- additional diced avocado
- additional diced cucumber
- hot peppers
- pickled jalapenos
- crisp bacon
If you like this light summer recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten-Free Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Healthy Avocado Boats: 5 Ways
- Avocado and Corn Salsa
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Mexican Avocado Gazpacho with Cajun Shrimp
This Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp is such a refreshing soup for a hot day! You can customize it by adding in a few extra toppings, like corn or tomatoes. This gazpacho soup with shrimp is the perfect dish for a summer party or an easy lunch or dinner when it's hot outside! It's creamy, but dairy-free and Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 small cucumber, peeled
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- To a blender (or food processor) add avocado, cucumber, vegetable broth, shallot, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Meanwhile, make shrimp: Pat shrimp dry and season with chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a small skillet. Once hot add in shrimp and cook for 5-8 minutes or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- Take shrimp off heat and set aside.
- Pour soup into serving dish and top with shrimp and desired toppings. Serve cold.
- Omit corn for Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- This serves 2 as a meal, or about 4 as an appetizer.
August 6, 2019
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!