Aside from these breakfast cookies being packed with awesome nutrients, they are also easy to make and taste like banana bread. Yes, banana bread.
Before we get into the cookies, I have to tell you how excited I am about today’s post. I am teaming up with Vital Proteins to share with you this protein-packed, delicious recipe, but I want to tell you why I love Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides so much, and how I sneak it into my diet daily.
My mom and I have been adding collagen into our diets for over a year and a half now and have been truly amazed at what we’ve seen. Let me tell you about her, first. My mom’s hair hasn’t stopped growing and is thicker than ever. Before she started using collagen protein daily, her doctor told her she might have to start taking medicine for Osteoporosis. At her next visit her doctor was stunned that she no longer had it! Now, I’m not saying collagen is the cure, but it was one of the only changes she made so she absolutely attributes it.
I love it as it’s wonderful for your skin, nails, and hair, and also for joint and gut health. Now, how do we sneak it into our daily routine (aside from breakfast cookies)? Through my coffee (yes it’s tasteless)!
Easy breezy. I just add a scoop into the mug, pour in the coffee, and it dissolves instantly with no taste. But, these cookies… what a treat! Loaded with protein, healthy fats, and some good carbs to make up the perfect fueling snack anytime of day.
Make them nut-free
Swap out almond flour for oat flour and omit nuts for your favorite add-ins!
Watch the video:
Other collagen recipes:
- S’mores Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Homemade Jello (Healthy!)
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats (with Collagen!)
- 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs (Budget-Friendly)
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup almond flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup crushed, ground walnuts or other nuts of choice (omit for nut-free)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons Vital Proteins collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon
- vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup add-ins of choice (chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries, etc.)
- Optional: Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder for chocolate cookies.
In partnership with Vital Proteins. All opinions are always 100% my own.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!