These Breakfast Cookies are a healthy start to your day and are easily made ahead of time. Packed with awesome nutrients, they are taste like banana bread! Everyone is going to love these.
How To Make Healthy Breakfast Cookies
These breakfast cookies have been a go-to in our house for easy make-ahead grab and go breakfast or snacks!
Loaded with protein, healthy fats, and some good carbs to make up the perfect fueling snack any time of day. They’re simple to bake, and tastes so delicious.
Customize them based on what you have on hand or like! The base recipe is made up of ripe bananas and almond flour, which means a nutrient-dense, energy-packed cookie perfect for starting your day off right.
Scroll down for the full recipe!
- Almond Flour
- Shredded Coconut
- Collagen Peptides
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- Optional Add-Ins: (Chocolate Chips, Dried Fruit, Nuts of Choice, Etc.)
Make it Nut Free:
Swap out almond flour for oat flour and omit nuts for your favorite add-ins!
Let’s Talk Collagen!
P.S. it’s optional!
My mom and I have been adding collagen into our diets for over a year and a half now and have been truly amazed at what we’ve seen. Let me tell you about her, first. My mom’s hair hasn’t stopped growing and is thicker than ever. Before she started using collagen protein daily, her doctor told her she might have to start taking medicine for Osteoporosis. At her next visit her doctor was stunned that she no longer had it! Now, I’m not saying collagen is the cure, but it was one of the only changes she made so she absolutely attributes it.
I love it as it’s wonderful for your skin, nails, and hair, and also for joint and gut health. Now, how do we sneak it into our daily routine (aside from breakfast cookies)? Through my coffee (yes it’s tasteless)!
Easy breezy. I just add a scoop into the mug, pour in the coffee, and it dissolves instantly with no taste.
But today… adding it into cookies!
How to Store Breakfast Cookies
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Store in an air-tight container or reusable bag in the for up to 3 months.
Watch The Video:
Other Recipes With Collagen:
- Homemade Jello (Healthy!)
- Golden Milk Latte Overnight Oats (with Collagen!)
- 30 Smoothie Freezer Packs (Budget-Friendly)
These Breakfast Cookies are a healthy start to your day, easily made ahead of time. Packed with awesome nutrients, they also taste just like banana bread.
- Author: Lexi
- Prep Time: 00:10
- Cook Time: 00:15
- Total Time: 00:25
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 bananas
- 1/3 cup almond flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup crushed, ground walnuts or other nuts of choice (omit for nut-free)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons collagen peptides (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup add-ins of choice (chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries, goji berries, etc.)
- Optional: Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder for chocolate cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl smash bananas until soft and mushy.
- Add in almond flour or oat flour, crushed nuts (if adding), shredded coconut, pinch of salt and collagen peptides and mix to combine.
- Add in maple syrup and vanilla, and mix to incorporate.
- Fold in any add-ins as desired.
- Scoop 12 cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly firm.
- Let cool completely before serving. They’ll firm more as they cool.
- Lasts for up to 1 week in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Make them nut-free: Swap out almond flour for oat flour and omit nuts for your favorite add-ins
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Sodium: 27mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: Breakfast Cookies
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!