This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Made with healthier homemade dairy-free caramel and real apple, this Caramel Apple Martini is going to be your new favorite Fall cocktail! It’s made using only real all-natural ingredients and no refined sweeteners.
Healthier Homemade Caramel Apple Martini
I have to admit, in my past I’ve been known to order a Caramel Apple Martini or two on a night out. They’re a weak spot for me and always one of my favorite cocktails in the Fall. However, I never really knew what the drinks I was being served in the restaurants were made and my best guess is that it wasn’t made with the best of ingredients. So I set off to make my own healthier version.
My version is made using apple cider and actual apple in the form of fresh apple puree. It really hits the apple flavor home, without the need for any flavored vodka. Plus, mine is made with my amazing dairy-free homemade caramel, which really takes it over the top! It’s just so delicious!
This drink has pretty minimal ingredients, and I just love that about it.
- Fresh Apple Cider
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
Let’s Talk About the Homemade Caramel
This recipe uses my dairy-free and refined-sugar-free homemade caramel. There are three different options for sweeteners: honey, coconut sugar and maple syrup. I wrote a whole post about how to make it, and you can check out the Caramel Recipe here. An overview of how to make it: You put all of the ingredients in a medium-large pot and cook it over medium-high heat, undisturbed for about 15 minutes until it’s slightly thickened and darkened in color. Seriously, how easy is that?
Once you’ve made your caramel, you can move on to the rest of the recipe!
How to Make It
Once you’ve made caramel, it’s time to puree the apple. You can do this easily in a blender or a food processor.
Before you make the cocktail, don’t forget to get those glasses nice and chilled. To do this, put ice water in them, and let it sit while you make the cocktail.
Finally, you put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake shake shake until it’s well combined and very chilled.
Empty out the ice water, drizzle some more caramel and pour in your cocktail. Garnish with an apple slice and enjoy!
Watch the video here:
If you like this cocktail recipe, check out these others:
If you like this apple recipe, check out these others:
- Easy Slow Cooker “Baked” Apples
- Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars
- Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Bread
- Caramel Apple Upside Down Honey Cake
Caramel Apple Martini
- 1 tablespoon homemade caramel sauce prepared
- 1 large apple peeled and seeds and stem removed and discarded
- 1-1/2 cup fresh apple cider
- 3 ounces vodka more as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Prepare the homemade caramel and let chill.
- Puree apple in a blender or food processor.
- Place ice water into martini glasses and set aside to chill.
- Add ice, apple puree, apple cider, vodka, caramel, and cinnamon to a shaker and shake very well.
- Pour out ice water and drizzle cold glasses with additional caramel
- Pour in cocktail, garnish with apple slices and serve immediately.