Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry
Using just a few kitchen staples, this Indian-inspired easy Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry is a meal everyone will love. This vegan dish is dairy-free and gluten-free and perfect for when you need a quick dinner solution! It’s flavorful and so comforting.
Easy Cauliflower Curry
Sometimes the name of the game is “how quickly can I get a delicious and healthy dinner on the table using what I likely have on hand,” and when that is how your day is looking, this Easy Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry can be the answer! This simple vegetarian dinner comes together quickly, using mostly pantry staples, while still being crave-worthy. This warm spiced Indian-inspired dish can be served simply with white rice, cauliflower rice or even quinoa. It’s a vegetarian dish that everyone will love!
- Cauliflower Florets
- Salt & Pepper
- Canned Chickpeas
- Coconut Milk
- Curry Powder
- Frozen Peas
Curry powder is made of:
Curry powder is a great blend to have in the house. It’s generally made up of ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, dry mustard, black pepper, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper or ground chilies!
Want to spice it up a bit?
We’ve paired down this recipe to make it as simple as possible using just the bare minimum pantry staples while still being SO delicious, but if you are feeling like bumping up the flavor a bit more, feel free to add in a some extra aromatics like carrots or fresh ginger, few more spices (such as cumin, garlic powder, turmeric or ground ginger), or some canned diced tomato.
Garnish with fresh cilantro or lime wedges if you have it!
Serve it with:
- Cauliflower Rice
- Garnishes of choice: Cilantro, lime wedges, cracked black pepper, red pepper flakes
If you like this easy dinner recipe, check out these others:
- Healthy Hamburger Helper
- Healthy General Tso’s Chicken
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Chili Maple Glazed Salmon
- Taco Salad
Want some vegetarian or vegan ideas? Here are a few favorites:Print
EASY CHICKPEA AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY
Using just a few pantry staples, this Easy Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry is a meal everyone will love. This vegetarian dish is dairy-free and gluten-free and perfect for when you need a quick dinner solution! It’s flavorful and oh-so comforting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or oil of choice, more as needed.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1–14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1–14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Optional: Cilantro, for garnish
- Optional: Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot cook onions and garlic, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, and cook until beginning to soften, about 6-8 minutes. Add more oil if needed.
- Add curry, salt and pepper and let toast until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in chickpeas and coconut milk and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked through and sauce has thickened up.
- Add peas, and cook for 1 more minute until bright green and warmed through.
- Serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa, and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 830mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 22mg
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7g
April 13, 2020
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!