Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones
Fall mornings call for these gluten-free and paleo-friendly Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones! Soft in the middle, crispy on the outside, and just the right amount of sweetness!
Pumpkin and October go hand-in-hand. But chocolate goes perfect with every month, am I right? Thus, the obvious addition of chocolate in my pumpkin recipes this Fall.
I love these scones. I love them so much that when half of the batch plopped right onto the floor prior to photographing, I gasped and for a brief second thought the world was over. Thank goodness they didn’t all go; that would have been tragic.
I love scones that are still soft in the center but have a nice crisp edge so I always take mine out of the oven a few minutes early! The crisp edge, chewy center, and delicious chocolate
Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree, or canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life's mega chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life's chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla extract and mix until soft dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball and place on lined baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough into a disc about 1-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into 8 wedges. Gently separate, but leave in a circle.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. I like a soft center, and take them out at 35 minutes, but let bake for 5-10 minutes longer, watching closely to avoid burning, if you like crispier scones.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Using the double boiler method or a microwave, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to make sure that the chocolate and oil is well combined.
- Once scones are cool, drizzle with chocolate and devour!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months!
*If the dough is too wet, slice with a wet knife. Let bake for 20 minutes. Slice again and separate scones. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until firm on the outside.
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!