Fall mornings call for these gluten-free and paleo-friendly Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones! Soft in the middle, crispy on the outside, and just the right amount of sweetness!
Pumpkin and October go hand-in-hand. But chocolate goes perfect with every month, am I right? Thus, the obvious addition of chocolate in my pumpkin recipes this Fall.
I love these scones. I love them so much that when half of the batch plopped right onto the floor prior to photographing, I gasped and for a brief second thought the world was over. Thank goodness they didn’t all go; that would have been tragic.
I love scones that are still soft in the center but have a nice crisp edge so I always take mine out of the oven a few minutes early! The crisp edge, chewy center, and delicious chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup homemade pumpkin puree, or canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life's mega chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life's chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Add the egg, coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, and vanilla extract and mix until soft dough forms.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into a ball and place on lined baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough into a disc about 1-inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut into 8 wedges. Gently separate, but leave in a circle.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. I like a soft center, and take them out at 35 minutes, but let bake for 5-10 minutes longer, watching closely to avoid burning, if you like crispier scones.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- Using the double boiler method or a microwave, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to make sure that the chocolate and oil is well combined.
- Once scones are cool, drizzle with chocolate and devour!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months!
*If the dough is too wet, slice with a wet knife. Let bake for 20 minutes. Slice again and separate scones. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until firm on the outside.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!