If it’s Fall, then you have to make this easy, one-bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread! This perfectly spiced loaf is so moist and made using a nut-free blend of coconut and tapioca flour. It’s also dairy-free and refined-sugar free and the perfect weekend (or weeknight!) baking project.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin season is coming in hot! With our tutorial on making Homemade Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin Butter this week, it only seems fitting to make up a pumpkin bread to utilize both. Easting a loaf of this is almost a fall right of passage, at this point! And, this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread will be loved by everyone, whether you need to be gluten free or not. It’s perfectly spiced, moist and so tender! Plus, it’s made all in one bowl, is gluten, nut, dairy and refined sugar free.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
We tested this with both homemade pumpkin puree and store-bought canned pumpkin puree!
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Coconut Flour
- Tapioca flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
Optional Add-In Ingredients
We kept it pretty simple for this pumpkin bread recipe. But there is lots of room to add in additional flavors here! Some good choices to mix in with the batter would be:
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried Cranberries
To use, fold in about a 1/2 cup of your optional add-in, after the batter has been mixed.
How to Store Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Store this pumpkin bread covered at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, place in the refrigerator. You can also freeze this loaf for up to two months! Defrost at room temperature.
If you like this pumpkin recipe, check out these others:
- Sea Salt Pumpkin Butter Cups
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (Nut-Free, Too!)
- Pumpkin Smash Cocktail
- Easy Pumpkin Coffee (coming soon)
If you like this fall-inspired recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Apple Cider Donut Holes
- Apple Sage Turkey Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
- Skillet Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Gluten Free Apple Galette
Watch the video:
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) coconut flour
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8" x 5" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar and vanilla until combined. Add to the bowl coconut flour, tapioca flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with butter or pumpkin butter.
- If your coconut flour is very clumpy, sift it first before using.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!