This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake is here just in time for the cooler weather and is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. This 1-bowl pumpkin baked oatmeal is dairy-free, gluten-free and made without any refined sugars.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
If you haven’t had baked oatmeal before, it is essentially an oatmeal casserole! It combines oats, your milk of choice, flavoring and eggs and then cooked in the oven. While I love classic oatmeal, oatmeal bakes are so easy to throw together to serve for brunch and they are even great for meal prep!
We’ve done a few versions before that were a hit, and we know this Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake will be no exception. We baked ours up with homemade pumpkin puree, but feel free to use store-bought canned pumpkin too! This is easily our favorite fall breakfast and is great to serve a crowd.
How to Serve Your Baked Oatmeal
There are a few ways you can serve baked pumpkin oatmeal, besides digging right in with a spoon. You can scoop out a serving into a bowl and add a little extra milk (like a warm cereal), or, you can slice it and eat as is, warm or cold!
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree
- Rolled Oats
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Chia Seeds
- Baking Powder
Keep it all about the pumpkin flavor as-is, or add in chocolate chips, nuts or dried cranberries for a twist.
- Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Pecans (optional)
- Dried Cranberries (optional)
What Oats Should You Use
For this recipe, use rolled oats, not quick cooking oats.If you are gluten-free, make sure the package you buy says gluten-free rolled oats on it! You can’t use instant oatmeal. It’s different than rolled oats or old fashioned oats because it is thinly cut, processed and flavored. They don’t lend the same structure to baked goods as regular oats or quick oats, so make sure to check labels.
Meal Prepping Your Baked Oatmeal
Different than a classic pumpkin oatmeal made on the stove, a pumpkin baked oatmeal is a great meal-prep option as well!
Bake it and eat some immediately and then pack the rest away for later. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Can You Freeze Baked Oatmeal?
Yes! Once it is fully cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Either defrost overnight in the refrigerator or give it a quick pass in the toaster oven or microwave to heat up!
Whole Tray: To reheat the of tray baked oatmeal, cover and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
Individual Pieces: Bake in your oven or toaster oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes until warmed to your liking, or reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
If you like this baked oatmeal recipe, check out these others:
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Bake (Vegan)
- Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal (Gluten-Free)
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cup milk of choice we use almond milk
- ⅓-1/2 cup maple syrup see note
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree homemade or canned
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" (or similar size) oven-safe dish. If desired, prepare a parchment sling by cutting out a piece of parchment paper slightly longer than the pan and placing it inside.
- In a large bowl add eggs, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, oil, and vanilla extract and whisk to fully combine.
- To the wet ingredients add oats, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt and mix until fully combined. If adding in any option ingredients like chocolate chips, fold them in here.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center is just barely firm.
- Scoop and serve warm as is or with milk, or cool and slice into 9 square portions.